1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Storm for Wed and Thurs in CT

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Mikelandscaping, Jan 3, 2005.

1. Mikelandscaping

Mikelandscaping Senior Member

Looks like some nasty weather coming in for Wednesday and Thursday for CT. They are saying significant ice and snow accumulations. Ice and Snow do not mix together. Its gonna be bad if that does happen.

2. Mikelandscaping

The National Weather Service has just issued a WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY for the entire state of Connecticut.

3. Playboy

Playboy Senior Member

Cool! Can't wait to get 3-4 inches of snow....LOL

4. Mikelandscaping

Well i hate to say this but theres gonna be alot of ice with this storm so its gonna be a pain in the butt. at least its not like the past few storms on sundays

5. cward05

cward05 Senior Member
    from CT

Ah, Mike, you beat me to the announcement lol. I hope it is more snow than the previous few storms in ct, but not too much ice, as ice is just dangerous, and not fun to clean up anyway. Look out everyone, winter is HERE.

6. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

Some weather sites are calling for a possible historic ice event.. they arent to sure where it will happen yet but it sounds like its gonna get very nasty.

7. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

Where did you see we are under a WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY? i havnt heard that.Last i saw there was just a special weather statement hinting at a possible storm brewing.

8. Mikelandscaping

I talked to the weather guys on channel 3 and 4 everyday and thats what they said. But i did hear that this one could make the record books for a doosey ice storm.

9. jsheedy75

jsheedy75 Member
    from CT

where have you guys been hearing about this?

this makes me a little nervous as one of my commercial lots is a bar. Drunk people and ice don't really mix.

any suggestions as to how to attack this?

10. JPMAKO

JPMAKO Senior Member

If you can't Beat em Join em... :drinkup:

11. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

JP has a good idea. But, you could also salt the hell out of it before it starts and continue salting and plowing throughout the storm.

12. jsheedy75

jsheedy75 Member
    from CT

i guess maybe throw some salt, throw back a beer, throw some more salt. lol

13. rob1325

rob1325 Senior Member

Bet ya it will be all rain or won't even stick if it snows. Was 52 degrees today . They say rain/snow/frezing rain. They never get it right anymore. We will wait and see.

14. Mikelandscaping

I just recieved a email from Channel 3. They are looking a ice storm with a significant snow fall throught out the State of CT including the shoreline.

15. PLANET

PLANET Member

Hmmmmm Lets see how this one plays out. Ice? Snow? Rain??

16. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

Either way it doesn't look good. Moderate Snow/sleet/ice is hard to push.. better chance of breakdowns... Freezing rain/sleet very hard to drive on and tons of salt may be needed, trees down etc.Hopefully tomorrow they will know better whats gonna happen.If i see them leaning toward more of an ice storm i may go out and get extra salt ahead of time.

Don't be fooled by todays temps it doesn't take a long time of below freezing temps to freeze everything up especially if its overnight.

17. JPMAKO

JPMAKO Senior Member

Come on guys,

Everyone knows that it is more fun when it Rains, Freezes, Snows, than Sleet on top. It makes for a very interesting couple of hours that is for sure.
    What fun would it be if it just SNOWED?

Jason

18. Mikelandscaping

Just recieved information about the snow accumulations for CT. This is a early estimate but they are trending to the 4-6 inche snowfall with significant icing for the entire state.

19. bolensdriver

bolensdriver Senior Member

Why doesn't it mix today?

20. bolensdriver

bolensdriver Senior Member

It's more fun when it's a winter storm warning. I LOVE winter storm warnings!