1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

storm for nj??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by f350dieselemt, Jan 4, 2005.

1. f350dieselemt

f350dieselemt Member

does anyone know wut is going on... should i lock and load and put on the plow and get salt... what is going on wit this storm

JPMAKO Senior Member

They do not know what is going on!
    But what ever you do don't put the plow on till the white stuff is falling.
    I meant to call you last week but have been very busy. I have a number for you to call I don't know what the guy needs. He is located in Ramsey I think.
    Give me a call and I will give you his info.

(845) 596- 7000
  3. f350dieselemt

f350dieselemt Member

snow in nj

i will curse us all if i put on the plow before it is falling,..,. i will give u a call later
  4. lawnboy30

lawnboy30 Member

Hello. I am from Passaic County. Where do you get your salt from? Do you go to Winter's Supply? I need to find a new supplier for rock salt, I have a 3yard spreader. Thanks for your help.

By me they are saying ice with a slight snow mix. Great for salting commercial accounts. Finally a little action.

5. f350dieselemt

f350dieselemt Member

in nj? snow

hey wuts up. i get my salt from winters supply in paramus.. yes that is correct. yes u are correct definatly about being able to salt commercial lots for alot of money.. last "storm" lol made 3,500 salting a couple lots.... let me know if u need anything else :gunsfiring: :gunsfiring: :redbounce :redbounce
  6. andrewlawnrangr

andrewlawnrangr Senior Member

when is this snow supposed to be here. i plow for a guy in trenton NJ.. is that to south for this snow??
    thanks for the help
  7. Turfmower

Turfmower Senior Member

I wouldn't count on snow, its 50 today most likely it will melt on contact. As for putting on the plows mine have been on since December 10 th. I can't be bothered to take them on and off.
  8. NAC

NAC Senior Member

How much do you guys pay for salt at Winters in Paramus is there a minimum?
  9. ACL&L Plowing

ACL&L Plowing Junior Member

Doesn't look like were going to get much snow in the next week or two. "Central Jersey". Looks like its going to hover in the 50's, more rain and wet snow (if that). I have the salters and the plows waiting, just went and bought more salt today, just in case. Looked at the weather this morning and they were calling for sleet and snow tomorrow, with a chance of an inch or so. Looked again tonight and it has changed, not showing an inch or so anymore. Whats going on? Just rain. We'll, I have plenty of salt for when it finally does snow, better safe than sorry.
  10. NNJSnow

NNJSnow Senior Member

Issued at: 9:16 PM EST 1/4/05, expires at: 6:00 AM EST 1/5/05

Winter storm watch remains in effect from Wednesday morning to thursday morning,
    The national weather service maintains a winter storm watch for wednesday morning into Thursday morning for portions of east central pennsylvania and northern new jersey. The watch includes the counties of berks, lehigh and northampton in pennsylvania and warren and morris in new jersey.
    Dangerous weather conditions may develop Wednesday morning and continue into Thursday morning over the watch area.
    Rain is forecast to move into the region late Tuesday night into early Wednesday, then transition to a wintry mix that may include snow and freezing rain. Two to four inches of snow plus a significant coating of ice on top are possible before precipitation changes back to rain Thursday morning.
    Snow and ice may cause dangerous driving conditions and could even cause power outages. People who need to travel through the watch area from Wednesday morning through Thursday morning may need, at a minimum, to allow extra time for their commutes.
    Shallow but cold high pressure ridging down from canada and an active frontal boundary that will remain to the south into early thursday together have the potential to cause a winter weather event. Please stay tuned to local media outlets or noaa weather radio, the voice of the national weather service, for updates regarding this developing weather situation.
  11. andrewlawnrangr

andrewlawnrangr Senior Member

2-4 inches with ice...i just washed the truck in a t-shirt.. this weather is crazy and starting to piss me off...
    have a good day