1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Storm around here

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by 4 Saisons, Nov 8, 2001.

1. 4 Saisons

4 Saisons Senior Member

Not for me, but for my fellows north-east the st- Lawrence River , 6-10 inches forecasted. http://weatheroffice.ec.gc.ca/forecast/warnings_e.html?Prov=qc

Today the wind was from the east( I'm still dealing with leavesss),and since this evening it rains. Usaually this patern give a lot.

Almanach said end November for my area

Last edited: Nov 8, 2001
  2. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 PlowSite.com Addict

I'm not counting on seeing anything here in northern IL until maybe mid-December. We're still getting up into the 60's during the day. Temps are starting to drop though. We got down to the low 30's last night, and only a high in the low 50's for today. I don't see any snow in the near future though.

Tim

3. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

Was snowing this morning in Barrie........................................ but nowhere near enough to plow. :(

I expect we'll have "plowable" snow by the end of November though! :)

4. diginahole

diginahole Member

The gales of November came early round here this morning too, saw some lake effect from Uxbride to Whitby. There was 2" on a few cars I saw but the ground was to warm for it to stick. Interesting, 25 years ago today the storm sunk the Edmunds Fitzgerald.

5. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

Diginahole - funny you mentioned the 'Fitz: last night I was reading a book about the sinking and subsequent investigation. The date they gave for the sinking was Nov 10, 1975 - but the gale warnings were issued on the evening of the 9'th.

In places there was probably 1" - 2" on some of the cars around Barrie, but the ground was just wet.

6. diginahole

diginahole Member

Rob, you're right 26 years ago on the 10th, guess the guy on the news was wrong yesterday..... bear in mind though he was the weather man so that should be expected.:D

7. 4 Saisons

4 Saisons Senior Member

This first storm finnally bring `8 inches, and 2-3 inches forecasted this week end for us.

The sad part is that 4 people die in car accident, and a lot of car outside the road.

Why people wait after the first snow to instal winter tire.

8. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

Diginahole - see, never trust a weather forecaster! ;) (I wasn't trying to pick apart your post, I just thought it was an interesting coincidence that you mentioned the Fitzgerald and the night before, I'd been reading about the same thing!)

Denis - every year winter comes a surprise to many people who have lived here all their lives! :confused:

No snow in the forecast around here, which is good - my insurance takes efffect on Nov 15, so anytime after that it can snow all it wants! :D