1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Storing your plow

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Kenyou, Dec 16, 2008.

1. Kenyou

Kenyou Senior Member

Hi guys, I know that this is not the time for this kind of a question but I'm a little confused about storing my plow. I have mostly heard that I should have the Lift Cylinder Ram pushed all the way into the cylinder to protect it. Then not to long ago, someone on PS said to pull it all the way out and grease it. That doesn't sound logical because why would I want to leave it out in the elements? Of course I have tried this so called Search engine and it comes up with everything but storing the plow. I would appreciate it if you could give me and others the proper way of storing it.

2. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Leave the lift cylinder all the way in and grease your angle cylinders.
  3. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

^^^^^what he said^^^^^:nod:
  4. Kenyou

Kenyou Senior Member

That's what I've been doing.

Thanks a bunch.
  5. Neil64

Neil64 Member

Meyer Recommends

Meyer and dealer recommends the lift arm be raised to fill the cylinder with fluid and to grease the rod.
  6. artic429

artic429 Senior Member

What JD said.... dont want to gouge your cylinder!
  7. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

if you lift to fill the reservoir, when you compress the piston you will push all the oil out the overflow.
  8. naturalgreen

naturalgreen Senior Member

meyers you are supposed to lift cylinder all way to avoid moisture build up and grease exposed section
    angle cylinders grease