1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Storing V plows

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Rangerman, Mar 14, 2008.

1. Rangerman

Rangerman Senior Member

We purchased some pallet racking like you would see at Lowe's today to store our snow plows. The straight blades are an easy fix but the Boss poly-v's are throwing us a curve. Hoping someone else's is trying this. We are thinking about creating some kind of a pallet to sit the plows on to lift them with a fork truck up into the racking. Any ideas we are able to sit them on the floor but it would be easier to put at least one up off the floor.
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I think you answered your own question.
  3. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Leave the blade straight.....

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Well when you have them on the trucks, instead of taking them off and leaving them on the concrete. Just drop them on a pallet. Thats what I would do.
  5. Lawnscape89

Lawnscape89 Senior Member

Not sure if it's a big deal or not, but Western suggests that you store it in the Vee position. I believe it's best for the cylinders to be retracted.

I also agree with you answering your own question. Actually, what is your question...
  6. onsight

onsight Senior Member

Like this. they just sit on pallets. I use 8 ft by 4 ft pallets.You can block up the push frames if you want, but the boss plows are pretty steady.

Picture 005.jpg
  7. Lawnscape89

Lawnscape89 Senior Member

Now that's nice.
  8. Rangerman

Rangerman Senior Member

Onsight that is exactly what i am doing thanks for the great pic, I had not thought about the 3pt stuff but that looks like it would work out great. Did you make the pallets your self or just find them?
  9. onsight

onsight Senior Member

I get the 8ft pallets from my trailer parts supplier. The racking works great. 3 point implements are just on 4ft pallets
  10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You can also store them on the pallets/racks face down if necessary if you drain the reservoirs first.
  11. Rangerman

Rangerman Senior Member

12. Indy

Indy Senior Member

THat is a very nice setup!! If you were closer I'd ask for that open spot:jester: