1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

storing V blades

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by ultimateinc, Jan 13, 2011.

1. ultimateinc

ultimateinc Senior Member

hey guys i see alot of people store there v blades in the V position when they take them off there truck. is that better for them? i always put mine in the scoop position when i take it off just cause its easier to get in between the truck & plow.
  2. Mike NY

Mike NY Senior Member
    from zone 5

I store mine in the "v" so as the hydrolic cylinders are retracted.
  3. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

I agree that for long term storage it is better to have the rams retracted into the cyliners. That way they won't be so likely to rust or be damaged by accidental impact. Other than that there is no best way. I personally like to set the blade straight across and square to the vehicle. That way the plow can pivot up and down a bit making it easier to install and remove. This also give you a bit of room to get behind to the release / lock device.