1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

storing the plow

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by JDWalkbehind, Mar 25, 2009.

1. JDWalkbehind

JDWalkbehind Senior Member

Ok well i have a uni mount i already washed and fluid filmed the plow, got all the salt off. For the pump i lowered it all the way down. Is there anything else i should do to the pump? like drain the fluid or anything like this? Any advice will help thanks

nick

2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

storage

you could change the oil if it's been awhile ,grease the angle cylinder ram's ,clean and put dielectric grease on the control harness plug's ,check the truck over for connections .

3. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

It wouldn't hurt to also grease or PB blaster the top of the lift ram eventhough you collapsed it all the way. Moisture can sit in the top of the seal.

4. JDWalkbehind

JDWalkbehind Senior Member

alright thanks for the ideas. i already pb blasted the pump and am going to grease the angle cylinders. thanks again

nick