1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Storing Bulk Salt

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Ultra, Feb 17, 2008.

1. Ultra

Ultra Member

What do you have to do to store bulk salt on your property? Is there certain criterias that have to be met? Is every county different? Washtenaw is the county I need to know about in Michigan Thanks in advance for any pointers on the subject.:help:

2. Runner

Runner Senior Member

This is not a county to county issue, it is regulated by the state.There is a guy around here that just got HAMMERED by the DEQ. They told him he needs a raised slab (curbs), and it needs to be contained with blocks, or a raised container. They got him on one of his commercial sites, originally, then that lead to them going to his yard. Both sites, in violation.
    Here is a link to the site, I hope this helps.
    http://www.deq.state.mi.us/documents/deq-ess-p2tas-commercialsaltguidance.pdf

3. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Oh no just what we need more fines to deal with. Who was it that got fined? That sucks

4. Capital Land

Capital Land Junior Member

I am from new york. do these laws appy in new york as well ?

5. Runner

Runner Senior Member

LOL...Yeah,...the LAST thing you need after the front loader folly!:cry:
    The DEQ thing was with someone out in Davison. I'm not sure who it was,...I was told by a guy I've known for several years that works for a school system that knows this guy.