1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

storage unit plowing questions

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by treesnsnow, Oct 31, 2011.

1. treesnsnow

treesnsnow Member

Ok so i got a call today to throw a bid on this site. well its the first self storage unit facility that i have ever bid on. the red area is what needs to be plowed and the yellow area is where i can put snow. i need to plow every 6-8 inches doesnot have to be done in the morning. all i am responsible for is plowing no shoveling or salting. should take 10-20 mins to do this place depending on the kind and amount of snow i was also thinking of a price of 50 dollars a push what do you think to high or to low. also is there anything that i should be thinking of that i am not. biggest thing she kept saying is that as long as its done the same day as it snows its ok. any advice let me know also i plan on plowing this if we get 3-4 inches but let it build up to 6-8 if thats what we are suppose to get in the day she said that if i come once aday thats ok i said as long as it does'nt build up over 8 inches that would be fine

pic storage1.jpg
  2. snow patrol

snow patrol Senior Member

I think you're under estimating the time needed to plow that facility. You have to maneuver the snow around a 90 degree turn on that far lane in order to get the snow over to the yellow area. 6" to 8" of snow is a lot of volume to be carrying around with a conventional plow and you'll lose lot of it around the turns, requiring lots of back and forth trips. Just something to think about.
  3. wideout

wideout Senior Member
    from iowa

10-20 minutes is being a little ambitious imo. 30-40 is more like i i would say
  4. 7_below

7_below Senior Member

75$ Per visit for 6"-8", all day long!
  5. treesnsnow

treesnsnow Member

i never even thought of the problem with the snow aroundthat 90 degree turn till i looked at the pic agian you right it is more like 30 mins to complete this unit. like i said in my first post i have never done one of these places before i am mainly residential with 8 small commericial places but none of which look like this they are only small stores and a church with square parking areas. thanks for the pointeer on that turn