1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Storage Tanks for Chloride or Brine

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Metro Lawn, Nov 12, 2008.

1. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

I found a company that makes nice heavy duty poly storage tanks at great prices and thought I would pass on the info. The company is Rotonics Mfg. They have 8 locations around the country. Contact Sue at the location in Bensonville, IL at (630) 773-9510 let her know that John from Metro sent you and she will give you the distributor price instead of retail. The tanks they sell are heavy duty and rated at 16.5 pounds per gallon unlike typical water tanks that are 8 lbs pg. They carry all sizes, but common ones are 1650 gal at under $600 and 3000 gal for under $1200. They ship or you can pick up. Below are 3 1650 tanks I bought from them (250 lbs each) so they are easy to move around.

00001.jpg

2. Marek

Marek Senior Member

Do you know if they have anything near the mid atlantic ?

3. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff PlowSite.com Addict

Very handy. Be cool if you could raise them up and put a gravity feed system to your truck tanks.

4. kimber

kimber Senior Member
    from Ohio

Metro thanks for the information.

5. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Gravity is too slow to fill.

6. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

A cheap trash pump will only run you $200 they run about 160gallons per min

7. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

Gravity is fine as long as you have a big enough hose. I would guess that you can get about 100 gpm gravity flow out of a two inch hose.