1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Storage Boxes Onsite

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by redman6565, Aug 24, 2010.

1. redman6565

redman6565 PlowSite.com Addict

How many of you guys have storage boxes onsite? I was thinking of getting one for the 40 acre lot we have. figured i'd store the snowblower, some tools/oils, push salt cart and some sidewalk de-icer in there. hand shovels too.

2. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

We used to rent some for the winter from a company called MobileMini-worked great for us. We liked them because of their locking system. Dont know if they have any locations out your way or not.

http://www.mobilemini.com

3. redman6565

i sort of wanted to buy one just so i can retrofit it with wall hooks, etc but i also talked with a local equipment rental company that wants to rent these out for only $200 for the season, not sure if i can beat that pricing

4. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Thats a good price.

5. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

We keep all of our sidewalk stuff in a container on one site and it seems to work very well.

6. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

I have a 8 x 20 and Keep my bulk salt in it... I actually fit 32 ton it.....Since I was storing salt they made me buy it......

7. redman6565

ya shop is close enough (20 min) so i don't need/want to store salt onsite plus if the salt trucks are strictly salting machines so if they have to run back it's not taking away from the plowing crew. i'm thinking more along the lines of the bagged sidewalk de-ice and what not. nothing frustrates me more than when the sidewalk crew calls up and says they're one bag short or something stupid like that. then that 20 minute drive is taking away from plowing/shoveling etc.

and hand shovels. it's amazing how many turn up "missing" after each snow storm, lol. i think the guys burry them on purpose :nono:

8. Knockah22

Knockah22 Senior Member

We used containers for bag salt. Worked great, nice to have bag salt onsite all the time. Great for those random ice patches you might find on site checks.

9. redman6565

that's what i'm thinking

10. redman6565

plus now the guys aren't shoving bags of calcium onto the driver's seat. makes a mess of the cabs if the bags break accidentally