1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Storage Bins...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by DCL, Oct 18, 2009.

1. DCL

DCL Member

Im looking to set up a bin for sand/salt mix. Im in Newport, RI. Where can I buy bin blocks? How much do they usually cost?

Also, if I keep it covered should I be alright? Or am I wasting my time and its just going to freeze up and be junk?
  2. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Any local concrete suppliers should have them. Down here they run $40-$45 per block, plus $200/hr for delivery
  3. DCL

DCL Member

Yeah thats what I figured. I called a local quarry today and they want $80 a block. Just a standard 2x2x6' block, no knotches or anything. A tad to steep for me, Ill keep calling around. Thanks!
  4. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

check with a cement company with mixer trucks. They make the blocks from left over material and generally are cheaper.