1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Stops

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by PITCH, Nov 22, 2007.

1. PITCH

PITCH Member
    from hamburg

On The Extreme Vee Are There 2 Different Blade Stops????

My Brother Has The Same Blade But Has Shorter Stops It Goes Alot Higher

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Sound's like yous has the longer stops on it.
    There are 2 different sets:
    Short set: 50632
    Long set: 44554

The correct set that's used is determined by the attachment hole that used at the back of the T-frame during plow assembly, and it just depends on the specific truck height as to which hole get used which then determines which stops can be used.

But I also know many dealers don't bother to check and just install the longer set since they'll work on any application...but many setups can use the shorter set, which of course will allow the blade to raise higher..

If you swap to he shorter set, make you still have clearance between the blade, tower and lift arm with the blade all the way up against the new stops.

3. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

I've serviced a few from another "local" dealer who didn't use any stops and the top of the trip spring mount tower was hitting the pump:dizzy:

4. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

The head gear comes from the factory with the long stops on and the shorts in the box,check with your dealer,he has them somewere.
    What kind of truck does your brother have?Chevys have zero freakin ground clearance from the get go,slap 900# on the front and it's only worse.

5. PITCH

PITCH Member
    from hamburg

2007 CLASSIC 2500HD D/A
    IT REALLY HANDLES THE PLOW QUITE WELL. TIMBRENS AND 3 TURNS ON THE BARS. HE HAS THE SAME SETUP AS ME. I'M NOT REALLY DISAPPOINTED WITH THE WAY MY TRUCK HANDLES THE PLOW. BEFORE THE 07 HE HAD AN 03 2500HD WITH A 8.5 E ZEE VEE AND THE TRUCK HAS 70,000 MILES ON IT WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS.