1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Stopping The Ding

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by eaglegrounds, Sep 28, 2009.

1. eaglegrounds

eaglegrounds Member

Does anyone know how to stop the incredibly annoying ding that i get when i have my keys in / on ACC and have my driver side door open?

I want to turn it off so i can listen to music while im working on my truck, but the ding kills it right now....
  2. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

Get key out or shut door that will stop noise.

Or you could open window and shut door.

You know why they do that? They try alert you that you left on and battery is drain.
  3. dellwas

dellwas Senior Member

I believe the door chime is controlled by a fuse. Should be a fuse chart in your owner's handbook...

4. 02powerstroke

02powerstroke PlowSite.com Addict

Pull the igniton out and snap the tab off that detects the keys in off. I did it to my truck took 5 mins.
  5. 02powerstroke

02powerstroke PlowSite.com Addict

Put the key in the run pos take an All and right under the ignition there is a small hole insert the All in there and pull the whole ignition out look and you will see the tab just bend it back and forth till it snaps off. Put it back togther and ur good.
  6. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Or, rather than messing with the ignition, you could just pull the bottom cover off the steering column and yank the black wire with pink stripe that is what is telling the puter that your key is in the ignition.

Still will ding if you leave your lights on, but I sort of like that.

Milford, he wants to leave his key IN the ignition, that's the whole point. Just as I do. It has nothing to do with draining your battery, it is a reminder that you left your keys in the ignition. Which is where I always do, because that's where they belong and I don't live in Detoilet yet.

Just like that stupid so called 'Smart Lock' that unlocks the driver's door if it is open or the key is in the ignition. When I hit the dang lock button, I expect the doors to lock and stay locked. If I lock my keys in my truck, it's my own stupid fault, I don't need some idiot at Ford to be thinking for me.
  7. DeVries

DeVries PlowSite.com Addict

Check them owners manual. There is a way that you de-program the puter. It involves turning the key back and forth a few times in some sort of pattern. The same goes for the seatbelt chime.
  8. eaglegrounds

eaglegrounds Member

Thanks for the repies, i forgot to mention in my first post that she's an '06 F-150, but guess it doesnt matter after reading. I am going to look for the fuse before i just go an yank wires out, but if i do, ill prolly split it an add like a quick disconnect so that way if thats not it, i can hook the black w/ pink back up.
  9. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Theres a little box under the dash on the driver side. Only reason I know is because I broke the clip on mine and it hangs down. I'll try to get a picture of it for you.
  10. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

The box...................
    Door Dinger.jpg

Door Dinger.jpg
  11. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

Or you can do the easiest thing which is to take a screw driver or a 1/4" ratchet extention and simply trip the latch closed on the door. Then before you close the door put the screwdriver in the latch, pull the door handle open and open the latch. takes a second to do without modifying anything. This is what we do in the car audio world.
  12. revtoyota

revtoyota Member

as a ford mechanic I can tell you those all work besides the programing the computer. you can not turn it off in the computer.