1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

STOP - Please !!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by John Allin, Apr 3, 2001.

1. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

It's noon and it's snowing HARD !!

3" in the past hour, 4-6" more this afternoon.
    We put all the plows away yesterday.

We sent all the landscape crews home for the day.

Gonna call them back in to do sidewalks and salt parking lots.........
  2. kutnkru

kutnkru Member

John my heart goes out to you. I feel for you my friend. We started out to do clean-ups yesterday and wound up resorting to chainsaw work because of the morning snows making things too wet.

Today the sun is out and its still too wet, so we are going thru the commercial accounts to clear out culverts and general trash removal.

Hopefully by Monday with this new break in sunshine we will be able to start the Spring Clean-Ups. We ware able to get aerations in between now and then thankfully.

The good Sun Shine is coming soon -rest assured.;)
  3. Matt

Matt Member

John, You didn't really think the snow for this area was done. You know from history that we may have to plow clear into May. I know this isn't typical, but a real possibility. We have about the same accumulations here with left over accumulations from the winter upto 2' in some places. Sounds like this weelend will be the savior for the weather today. Have fun.
  4. John Allin

Isn't it snowing there ?? The WC radar makes it look like it's snowing there as hard as it is here.

Although it HAS quit for right now. We have sidewalk crews out now. Hopefully no plowing, as we are leaving the plows "up" for a few more hours hoping the sun comes out.
  5. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

I got a whole fleet of plows on trucks right now, want me to head down? haa hee

6. Fine Lines Lawn

Fine Lines Lawn Member

Ready to head northeast to help out John. The clean-ups and mulch jobs are done, mowing starts next week. Nothing to do until then. Have plows will travel:D
  7. Mike Nelson

Mike Nelson Senior Member

Boy don't worry June is almost here.

Lets have a contest to see who gets snow the latest.Whoever does has to buy a pitcher of beer in Denver.Cause ya know they will be the ones making all the money.
  8. John Allin

Too late.
    Sun's out.
    38 degrees.
    Melting fast.
    Sure glad we got that snow off the walks before it melted.
    Much happier that we got the salt down in time to melt it before the sun came out.

This is IT for the season.......

I hope.
  9. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 PlowSite.com Addict

This is IT for the season.......

John, you should know better than to say something like that...

By the way, when the next one hits, give me a call... my plow is feeling neglected. LOL

Seriously though, I feel for ya. It seems like you've been plowing all winter... litterally.

Take it easy for a few days, sounds like you need it.