1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

stop n go

Discussion in 'Test Post Forum' started by Yzal, Jan 22, 2003.

1. gg

0 vote(s)
  2. gg

1 vote(s)
  1. Yzal

Yzal Member
    from ND

stop for 10 leave run

stop for 10 shut down
  2. greenquestlawn

greenquestlawn Senior Member

I did not vote cause your poll just lists gg as both.

When I was working for others they told us do not shut the truck down till you are done, it may not start again.

Now it depends on where I am, if its a quick trip into a gas station, then I will leave it run, filling up with gas, usually shut off.
  3. ProSno

ProSno Senior Member

Huhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!! splain Lucy
  4. fordman

fordman Senior Member

I have a diesel so if I'm just stopping for 10 minutes or less I leave it running.

Someone once complained to me about doing this. It was at one of the residentials I do. I had just finished plowing the driveway and left my truck idling in the street while I did some clean up with a shovel. Anyway this lady walks by and asked me if I had to leave my truck running because it was making a lot of polution. I replied by saying "no I don't have to but it's easier on my truck." The she replies by saying "well if you were a good citizen you would turn it off." Then she walked away. I managed to bite my tungue, but I was ready to give her a piece of my mind.(rich area and everyone is stuck up):realmad:
  5. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

No need to bite the toungue on that easy one. All you had to do was explain to her that leaving the truck run for a few minutes produces far less pollution than the process of starting up a diesel each time you need to get out of the truck. Educate the dummies of the world!!

I only leave the truck running if I will be real close to it & can physically see it at all times. My first plow truck went up in flames during a 20 minute break once where the truck was in the parking lot of my apartment at the time, on the other side of the building. We were about 16" into a 28"-33" storm, so I figured I should leave it running to keep it warm & try to keep some of the snow from accumulating on the truck. Bad mistake that time.