1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Stone driveway

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by 7677mess, Jan 8, 2005.

1. 7677mess

7677mess Junior Member

Hey guys..Im really new to plowing and I was hoping some of you guys could give me some pointers on basic plowing. What to look out for i.e Stone driveways, where grass meets the driveway etc..I dont wanna clear an area and find out I ran over someones flower garden haha. I have a stone driveway and thats the main concern. In other words I dont wanna clear stone AND snow..just snow haha. Thanks for any help guys..

Mike

2. harley hauler

harley hauler Senior Member

ya stone drives are a problem what I've done in the past is back drag the drive the best I can and if going to be cold then it will freeze what's left then the storms after that you can plow them like you would a paved drive without worrying about re grading your driveway come spring

3. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

stone drive ways

the back drag like harley hauler said works good. If theres alot of snow and you can't back drage. Just plow it and listen and watch when you start digging in to the stone just bump the blade up. This works good after you get the hang of it. I dont use feet and we dont have any problems.