1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stolen !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by dfdsuperduty, Dec 2, 2008.

1. dfdsuperduty

dfdsuperduty Senior Member

Stolen sometime between 1:30pm and 5:30pm tonight from Dyer In, brand new used once bought on Saturday buyers model #TGS01B

2. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

sorry to hear that. I'd love just once to catch the bastards who do this **** in the act.

3. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

man thats terrible

4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Sorry man....that sucks.

5. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

was it insured?

and sorry to hear.

6. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

i was actually just thinking i need to get a chain out and chain my salter to the hitch.

7. duramax8611

duramax8611 Junior Member

i would run over to a1 hitch and bridegroom and let them know what happened just in case sombody comes in looking to sell one

8. redman6565

redman6565 PlowSite.com Addict

that sucks dude

9. dfdsuperduty

where is bridegroom at???

10. ALLABOUTSNOW

ALLABOUTSNOW Member

Man.. Sorry to here that. If it isn't bad enough that they are robbing us on the salt prices but when they steel the salt spreader no that is ******** !

11. duramax8611

duramax8611 Junior Member

broad st dtown griffith

12. smoore45

smoore45 Senior Member

I just bought one of those locking pins for my receiver. Someone would have to have a mobile torch set to get it off. People suck.

13. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

and I just smashed one off my truck yesterday with a hammer. making it the THIRD locking pin that I had to smash off with a hammer. All Master. All seized up, or the keys broke off inside.
    I'll never buy another one. I have insurance on everything.

So, IJS, be careful, keep it oiled, well....I always oiled mine too

14. smoore45

smoore45 Senior Member

Keep it greased and mine came with a rubber cover that seems to keep out the elements.

15. dfdsuperduty

I have everything else insured I just failed to make the phone call fast enough to the agent to get it insured

16. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

how about a simple chain and pad lock? cheap and effective.... buy big enough chain so a bolt cutter will not do it

17. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

theifs are the worst scum of the earth

18. snowandgo

snowandgo Senior Member

You can also use a 5/8 hard bolt with a locknut. Then they would at least need some tools and it would take more time.

If you paid with a credit card, you may have coverage through them on your spreader.

19. timberseal

timberseal Senior Member
    from 46385

That sucks Dave... man if you need to borrow a spreader in a pinch I still have my meyer. I installed the one I bought from you on my 350 now and won't need the meyer until January.

Left a customer lead in munster on your voicemail yesterday if you didn't already get it.

20. dfdsuperduty

I am actually at my max right now I don't think I can take on any more customers without a sub or yet another truck I can't believe how good the contract gods have been to me this year and yet then you have the theifs.... well thats a whole other story