1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Stolen snow machine??

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Mqfarms, Mar 19, 2015.

1. Mqfarms

Mqfarms Junior Member

So I went to pick up a farm tractor I had in a parking lot today and it was stolen. Anyone else had that great experience? The nice guy left the ****** pusher and took the nice tractor. What a guy

2. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Crazy! I bet people saw it happening and they just assumed they were the owner. Good luck dealing with your insurance company.
  3. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Where are you at in IL? What was the tractor and any special markings that distinguished it from others of the same brand and model?
  4. Mqfarms

Mqfarms Junior Member

It was in Naperville at Ogden and Iroquois at iriquois center. It was a john Deere 6430. No name on it but it had 6 wheel weights 3 in and 3 out on each side and r and p axles with cast wheels that's slightly unique most have the rolled steel. Had a broken cover on the right side by the exhaust and that's all that I can think of that would be different. Cops are checking all of the stores surveillance cameras in the plaza. Hopefully they see something.
  5. Mqfarms

Mqfarms Junior Member

Thanks. The cop that made the report was saying it's hard to bother people loading because in the winter machines are coming and going at Wierd times all the time so they can't harass everyone
  6. xgiovannix12

xgiovannix12 PlowSite.com Addict

that sucks man I hope they find it.....
  7. Mqfarms

Mqfarms Junior Member

Thanks. Def a rotten deal. it was the first new thing Ive ever purchased. I hope they find the sad sob that took it
  8. xgiovannix12

xgiovannix12 PlowSite.com Addict

Honestly I would feel bad If I found the F***ER cops wouldnt get to him. I hate theifs
  9. On a Call

On a Call Senior Member

One of my biggest worries.

One thing I want to go to is installing tracking gps units that is used on cars. If they do not know they are there you might find a stolen machine. I know it is too late for you but on your next machine.

Best of luck on finding it.
  10. On a Call

On a Call Senior Member

Sounds like a cop out on the cops part. He just does not want to do what it takes. You might look into it yourself. Owners do not mind...they like to know if their surveillance works.
  11. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Go talk to all the businesses there and see if any of them have a security camera pointed outside.
  12. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I don't understand how these expensive pieces of equipment have a common key. I worry all the time about my Cat loader being stolen. We remove the extra power key from the rear of the machine. There's a guy here that removes his battery.
  13. On a Call

On a Call Senior Member

CET I will often do the same thing. Not the battery, yet.
  14. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

That's ridiculous. If cops started checking every piece of equipment left on site or moving around during a storm, they would never get anything else done.

Besides, how do you prove ownership? It isn't like a tractor comes with a title or registration.

Then, how does an employee prove that he is actually supposed to be operating that equipment?

One of my guys got stopped on the way to the dealer with my JCB. Middle of the day, half mile from the dealership. I get a call asking if I have proof of ownership. Yeah, let me dig the bill of sale out from 8 years ago. I go over there and talk to the cop. He asks about a title or registration. He DIDN'T even know that they're not registered or titled. And the loader had a logo and my employee had a uniform on with the same logo.

Needless to say, I WAS pissed and did mind. He wasted my time.
  15. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Around here the police and equipment dealers have a list of serial numbers for stolen equipment. When I bought my skiddy I called the local dealer t omake sure it wasn't on that list. Now for a cop to have any idea where that serial number is on a piece of equipment is a different story. But I do agree if a cop stopped me while moving a piece of equipment and asked for proof of ownership I would be pissed also.
  16. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Lol Observant...
    I don't store anything on any site but I do have a quite a bit I worry about especially when I'm out working.
    The good news is where I store most of it there is a nosey tenant who loves to hunt and calls me regularly when someone so much as drives through. Honestly better than a video camera.
    His best trick?..."Are you looking for Bradley?" " Yah, do you know where he is?" "No one named Bradley ever lived here, Scram!!!"
    We get a lot of thefts that wind up with stuff down by Burlington. One year my neighbour picked up a kid that was stuck in the ditch and wanted a ride into town to phone his dad. The cops were at the car the next day, stolen from Toronto.
  17. derekslawncare

derekslawncare PlowSite.com Addict

Wow, that sucks. I'm sorry you lost your tractor, hopefully it is found soon. Unfortunately, it is probably on its way out of the country. The only thing I hate worse than liars is a thief. As was said above, hopefully he is found by the police before you find him. At least then he might get to jail in one piece. I wish you luck.
  18. On a Call

On a Call Senior Member

Mark, this was not my point.

I was trying to say by reviewing cameras to see what happen and perhaps catch a license plate. It sounded like the cop did not want to waste time reviewing recording. Sure it is work...should someone else be doing that ? If there was a murder...would they be searching videos ?
  19. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

From OP: Cops are checking all of the stores surveillance cameras in the plaza. Hopefully they see something.

Please learn facts before posting foolishly. Thanks
  20. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

That sucks....it's one of my biggest fears as far as equipment theft goes leaving things sit on site.

I hope they catch the guy and you get your tractor back. Report it to your Deere dealer as stolen, Deere has a nationwide database for stolen equipment.
    Agreed for sure. It's crazy that with all the electronics and technology in them now that they can't at least do like cars with a computer chip in a key. Even if the key is the same, change the chip codes so it won't start.