1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

stolen snow equipment central ohio- terrible

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Scottscape, Jan 26, 2010.

1. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

2. grasmancolumbus

grasmancolumbus Senior Member

******* crack heads! seems like columbus just gets worse and worse the eastside has become just down right scary been thinking more and more of the getting that CCW permit
  3. NW Snow Removal

NW Snow Removal Senior Member

so far this year one truck has been stolen and found 3 days later stripped of everything plow vbox stereo wheels. Another truck was broken into, but the driver heard him and went outside with a bat and chased him off. last year One of our best drivers got his truck stolen he had lojack they find the truck 3 hours later and its already stripped of plow and spreader but the wires were left in. He goes buy another spreader and I loan him a plow and 2 days later it is stolen again and He is still working off the new plow, spreader, and my plow he got stolen. It is terrible!!!
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2010
  4. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

i had a plow stolen from one of my trucks on new years day. we spilled some gas in the bed when we were out on new years eve so we left it outside went in new years day night and the plow pump, harness, strobelight(permenent mount) and even a clipboard and a 6 pack of 2stroke oil gone. when the police showed up to take the report he told me they have had over a dozen in the last week, and that was just in a small country town.
  5. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

I let one of my guys take a truck home every now and then when it snows and I have him leave the plow up and back it up to his front door. Its got a very sensitive alarm on it. Thieves that steal tools are just plain taking food right off the table, its disgusts me
  6. Danscapes

Danscapes Senior Member

The company I used to work for occasionally leaves trucks at satellite locations and thieves got a hold of one them the other day. They stole the plow, the truck side mount, the complete wiring harness and v-box off of it. It had to be an inside job.