1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

***stolen Plow Truck***

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Plow Meister, Jan 7, 2005.

1. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

Stolen from Dyer, IN last night or early this morning.

2002 Dodge 2500 ext. cab short bed red with a Western 7 1/2' Western Uni-Mount. The bed has a spray in bed liner and diamond plate rail caps and a diamond plate front bed plate cover. The cab and bed had a butt load of tools and construction supplies. I could really give a damn about the truck and tools because they are just material posessions but there was a lot of very important paperwork in there. That and the fact that some poor schmuck is gonna get the beating of a lifetime for stealing from my family! That really pisses me off!

If ANYONE recognises this truck or sees anything unusual please call me at 219-808-9328.
  2. CamLand

CamLand Senior Member

Chris,sorry to hear about this,do you have any pictures to help out the guys in identifing the truck?? Hopefully it has a safe return
  3. f350dieselemt

f350dieselemt Member

stolen truck

how was it stolen... was it left running or was it unlocked... the ass that stole it probably knew wut he was doing to steal a truck with a plow.... good luck gettting it back and KICK HE SORRY ASS FOR STEALING
  4. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

Sorry to hear of your loss. I am not sure where Dyer or Griffith area is, but I am in Columbus (south of Indy an hour on I65) and I will definately keep my eyes peeled for it. I assume you reported it to the cops.
    2002- I'm not sure which year they switched to the newest bodystyle so is that the previous style they had all through most of the 90's or is that the newest body?
    That would make me very P-O'd as well. I hope they/you/us/someone finds it soon and beats the snot out of the sorry loser who did this to you.
  5. Plow Meister

Wouldn't you know, the week before the truck was stolen my computer crashed so all my pics of the truck were wiped out. As far as identifying markers, the bed has a spray in liner and the bed rails are diamond plate. Other than that it's a plane SLT with no stickers. Maybe a Michigan City Dodge / Jeep sticker from the dealer. Also, it is a 2001 and not a 2002.

It was stolen right out of the driveway. Doors locked. No alarm installed. The cops said there were 3 plow trucks stolen just out of the town of Dyer last night. All of which are very near to my dad's house (where our truck was stolen).

I will also be contacting the local plow suppliers to have them keep an eye out for people just wanting mounts for trucks.

Thanks for the support guys. Keep those eyes peeled :eek:
  6. bnc services 2

bnc services 2 Member

hey chris, sorry to hear about the truck. i will have BNC and grass keep a look out for it also i will see if can talk to a police guy i know to find any thing out. just remeber keep smiling
  7. ace911emt

ace911emt Member

just by chance did you have your phone in the truck, newer phones have gps and could be activated by your phone co. it could give you the break you need...
  8. Plow Meister

No phone in the truck. Cops said two other plow trucks were stolen in Dyer last night. Must have been planned all along. Just waiting for the right night to do it. After a snowfall and after all teh plowing was done. They had to assume we were dead tired to hear the truck getting ripped off.
  9. repo_man62

repo_man62 Senior Member

Did you miss 2 payments?Just kidding...Did you post any pics of it on this or any other site? If so..you could revamp it and post.
  10. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

lol I know how those repo guys are :D Sorry about your truck, mine got stolen in Omaha a few years ago, hope you get it back.
  11. scuba875

scuba875 Senior Member

That sucks, What is the plate number. I will give it to a couple of my friends who are Sargent's in Chicago. They can give it out to the guys on their shift. Another one of my friends dad is a commander in area 5 I will give all them the info. I never had my truck stolen but I cought a guy breaking into it. I chased the sob for 3 blocks I finaly caught him in an alley. It was funny because as I was beating him he was screaming someone call the cops, frikin coward. I'm getting worked up just thinking about it so I realy feel for you. I hope you get your truck back.
  12. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

Keepin' an eye peeled up in Fort Wayne.
  13. GripTruk

GripTruk Senior Member

Sorry to hear, good luck

BTT for ya.

14. ta3834bbl

ta3834bbl Senior Member

Boy, that sucks! I'll keep a close eye out for you around town. By the way, I could use the plow for my '01. Kidding, I hope you find it, or at least recover the paperwork you were talking about!

15. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Hidden and 100% tracking recovery.
  16. ace911emt

ace911emt Member

lojack is past it's prime in our area. I owned a rental car operation and we used Air IQ GPS units and I still run them in my cars. I will start a new thread anyone is interested. I am not an expert but used many systems over the years. Lots of junk out on the market. :gunsfiring:
  17. ace911emt

ace911emt Member

18. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

Hey iam in cincy and got a message to the guy on ebay for him to call me so i can run over and look at it PM drop me a line on any marking that the equipment might have so i can look for it Eric........
  19. Plow Meister

Nope, not my plow. Thanks for the link though. No LOJACK in my area. Closest is Chicago and those cops are not too friendly with us Hoosiers.

Up to $500.00 reward to anyone that finds my truck or plow or anything related to the theft of my truck and equipment.
  20. ggwash21

ggwash21 Senior Member

if you find any pics let me know i have lota of family and friends in the mid west send them there and if you can remember anything else let me know