1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Stolen plow truck S.E. Mich.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Wilburn Parks, Feb 20, 2005.

1. Wilburn Parks

Wilburn Parks PlowSite.com Veteran

We had a red 2003 Ford F-350 stolen from our lot in Troy,Mi. sometime between Fri. night and Sat.. It has FX4 on rear quarters, "Parks" across top of windshield, and Parks landscaping and Snow Service on doors. It has a Blizzard plow hook-up but no plow on it. If you see it please call police and report it or call 248-589-0000. thanks.

2. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Dave I will keep my eye's open for you.

Mike

3. Tscape

Tscape Senior Member

Lookin' in A2. What color?

4. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

the color is Red.

5. brunosplace

brunosplace Senior Member

I'll be watching for you as I'll be all over the Detroit area in the morning. Sorry to hear about it. If you are comfortable with it, what is the license plate number on it also?

6. RidgeCon

RidgeCon Senior Member

If someone finds that truck and the people give him a call first before the police. A little justice would be good. :gunsfiring:

7. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

Chicago will be looking for "Parks landscaping and Snow Service on doors"

Never know may run with it, and be stupid leaving the lettering on :cool:

8. Wilburn Parks

Wilburn Parks PlowSite.com Veteran

I have good news about the stolen truck. Police called late Wednesday afternoon that they located truck. It was about !/2 mile away in parking lot of apartments. They wanted to see if they could get any prints off it so they took it to police station. The only things missing or damage that we could see as they wouldn't let us touch truck was tailgate missing and yellow light on top of truck. Couldn't get inside to see if interior was damaged. I didn't mention it before as I thought just seeing the truck driving around people could spot it and report it but they also took quad w/plow also. I was just hoping someone might see truck driving around as they probably took quad out of truck. Hope police have truck done by Mon. as they are calling for snow. Thanks to the people who kept eyes open for truck.

9. glad to hear that you got your truck back, but it's a shame that they took the lights and tailgate. I heard a while ago that around Troy (i think) there had been a lot of reports of stolen tailgates off of F-series trucks. Hopefully everything is still inside. People have a habit of stealing stock Ford radios. Don't ask me why!

10. DJDarknez

DJDarknez Member

Ditto! I'll keep an eye out.......

11. moose__72

moose__72 Junior Member

GPS Tracking

Glad to hear the truck is back. Hopefully no damage to the inside or engine.

I own an alarm business in CT, I only plow during the storms for a friend from the fire house. One thing I have wanted to do with my business trucks is to have a way to track them if they are stolen, but don't want to pay for Onstar. The company I use for cellular monitoring for my alarms just released a new item called Mobile Guardian. Basically it's GPS for your vehicle that is tracked by a computer. But the nice feature if you pay for the equipment, than only have to pay when you need it. There is no subscription to pay for and I think it gives you 5 free locates. The other nice feature is the computer that monitors the signal records the last location recieved if the signal is lost, like if the vehicle was inside a garage. And to retrieve the location you go to their website and log in. The location is displayed on a map.

Sorry I don't have much more info, it's new to me also. I haven't even heard the price yet. But the website for it is http://www.mymobileguardian.com and offers a good description including a demo.

Kurt