1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Stolen plow anyone seen it?

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by farmboy52787, Apr 5, 2011.

1. farmboy52787

farmboy52787 Senior Member

I found out I had my HLA Snowwing 4200W915 stolen last week from a dealership located in Scarborough, Maine. The tractor we use the plow with was having the transmission repaired inside and the plow was left outside. The owners of the dealership never knew our plow was taken until we showed up to get the plow. The thieves also stole a trailer and sweeper belonging to the dealership. They seem to think there must have been a loader or backhoe sitting outside that they could have used to load the plow onto a truck or trailer. I have posted a few pictures. It has a conversion adapter welded to the universal quick attach and custom plow guides that we welded onto the wings. Any info would be great. Thanks

IMG00021-20091217-1557.jpg

208184_1639625190121_1221510050_31406431_7513769_n.jpg

54565_1481391874387_1221510050_31127691_2554041_o.jpg

179314_508288626673_331200116_188666_822688_n.jpg

2. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

****! I hope they find those thieves and your plow! Best of luck to you in finding them.

3. NJjunior973

NJjunior973 Senior Member
    from NW NJ

***** that sucks, what a bunch of worthless people, i hope it turns up! Best of luck.

4. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I will keep my eyes open. It's posible that the theives mite have hauled it up this way.

5. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

ain't the dealer responsible for replacing it? i mean it was taken from their property while they were doing work on the machine, and they were the ones that left the plow outside on their property, not you..

6. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

Lucky you! You got only the plow stolen!
    I had the plow and tractor stolen in February!
    Should have bought a Holland as well ;)

7. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

That's what I was thinking too :confused:

At any rate, keep an eye on Criagslist to see if turns up. If they are going to try to sell it quick, I bet it might show up there. My buddy had a tractor stolen about a year ago and he found on it Craigslist. Set up a time to meet the guy to buy it and we showed up with the state police and a trailer. Good luck farmboy.

8. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

Your not alone a company right around the corner from where I presume your tractor was (Beauragard) had 2 plows stolen from inside a locked gate and they took one right off the truck. I would check craigslist outside of Maine as well espically Boston and CT

9. man4054

man4054 Senior Member

LOL That guys day got screwed up :dizzy:

10. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

i would check in canada ......bunch of thieves up that way;)

hope you find your plow ;)

11. farmboy52787

farmboy52787 Senior Member

Yes, they're insurance will cover it, but I found out the day before a storm, so bad timing overall. I just want to find whoever is responsible, press charges, and watch them rot in jail

12. tjctransport

that is not how it works. you press charges, they get a slap on the wrist, and are out stealing stuff the next day. the proper way to do it is put a big sign in their front yard that says a thief lives here, paint i steal on the side of his car/truck, make anonymous phone calls to his employer (if he has one) that he is a thief and can not be trusted, put a full page add in the local paper, blah blah blah.

don't get mad. get even.

13. keitha

keitha Senior Member

Then as screwed up as the system is you get sued by the dirt bag. Then he legally gets your stuff.

14. tjctransport

can't get blood out of a stone.

and besides, if he did try that, my buddy Guido would make sure no one ever sees or hears from him again. :nono:

15. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

haha thatll teach the theives a lesson