1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Stolen JD 6230 with Horst Snow Wing Mississauga

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by CGM Inc., Feb 7, 2011.

1. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

Last edited: Feb 7, 2011
  2. CGM Inc.

from Ontario

3. PlatinumService

PlatinumService Senior Member

wow stefan... that guy has balls! nice good look at him on camera... he knew where he was going, is that at your shop?
  4. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

I hope you get that SOB!!!
  5. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

That really sucks, one of my biggest worries is getting stuff stolen. Kind of hard ot secure stuff in your yard it's very open to the public. Just so you know you can get different keys made up that aren't the same as every other JD tractor.
  6. snowplowchick

snowplowchick Senior Member

Send that clip to City TV along with a video or picture of the tractor setup and ask them to put it on the 6 oclock news. Maybe worth a try?

Pretty good resolution camera you have. Someone will recognize him.
  7. PlatinumService

PlatinumService Senior Member

Great idea! id send it to every news ctv and city and global just to get it out there especially with that great shot of him walking around
  8. R.G.PEEL

R.G.PEEL 2000 Club Member
    from Toronto

I agree with sending it to the news in hopes someone recognizes him. This is one of the best security cameras I've ever seen but still doesn't show his face clearly. Also, a perfect photo of him smiling for a camera is only good if you or someone willing to narc on him recognizes it. Unfortunately.

Does anyone know how much Lowjack costs? I've always thought it would be a great sport to show up at these peoples yards and take back what they stole plus whatever else they had there. What would they do? Call the cops?

Invention of the year would be in cab motion sensor/gps tracker that pages your cell phone when triggered. I have been fortunate enough to not have anything stolen other than stereos but have showed up to several machines with open windows, siphoned fuel, wide open throttles, turned on radios and other things that let me know someone has been in there. It'd be wonderful to roll in when they are there... my justice system would work substantially better than Ontario's.
  9. musclecarboy

musclecarboy 2000 Club Member

I would be in jail if I showed up when they were driving out. Without a doubt.

Do JD tractors have universal keys? Good luck with it, hope the A hole is caught and it's back to normal before the next storm.
  10. ppandr

ppandr Senior Member

That f-in sucks.

Knock on wood I have not had anything disappear except for radios and such. Iv'e ofter thought of setting one of my IR trail cameras up around my onsite snow stuff.

There are people with the skill sets to optimize that footage.
  11. snowplowchick

snowplowchick Senior Member

Also, now is the time to print out a colour picture of the tractor and put it on the hydro poles in your area(like at stop lights) about it being stolen.

Also, you should take a photo of the unit to businesses nearby your shop and ask if they saw it yesterday or if they might have footage of that time you see him in your yard. The guy didn't walk there himself, he was dropped off.

I hate to say it but it is probably already headed to Quebec(don't get mad Neige! lol) or elsewhere to get re-VIN'd.
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2011
  12. CGM Inc.

from Ontario

Yes it is!
  13. CGM Inc.

from Ontario

Just did! Thanks!
  14. CGM Inc.

from Ontario

Should have a new machine by Friday if everything works out.
  15. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I would forgo sending it to TV stations and go right to Craig's List or Kijiji. Make a listing that grabs people's attention...like "THIEF CAUGHT ON VIDEO, DO YOU KNOW HIM? REWARD OFFERED!" Then ask people to forward the link to other people.

I bet you'll get a lot of responses.
  16. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

I have a customer who's doorbell is a video link to his cellphone, I rang it once and he answered from Antigua... it's amazing what you can get.

Hope it works out for you Steffan... what a pain. Is that a snow cloud over Mississauga finally...JK

Love to see the guy caught.
  17. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

Lo jack or boomerang isnt much of a help. Someone wants your stuff they will get it. By the time you roll out of bed hop in your truck wait for the glow plugs to cycle its gone.

Friend had 2 backhoes stolen 2 years ago not far from cedars shop. They had a tacking system on it but it led them to the snowbank with the system hooked up to a battery.

You also never know what these thieves have on them. What are your mean words and a baseball bat going to do against a gun?
  18. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

Wow that's crazy! If my tractors not in the shop sleeping I'm not sleeping...

Hope u had a full insurance policy on it!
  19. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

20. CGM Inc.

from Ontario