1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Stolen JD 326D

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jpopiolek, Jan 17, 2012.

1. jpopiolek

jpopiolek Junior Member

Got our brand new 2011 JD 326D Skid Steer Stolen from us last weekend. We are out of the northern suburbs of Illinois. The machine was at one of our properties in Rolling Meadows. If anyone has any information please let me know. Thanks.

2. snowguys

snowguys Senior Member

wow sorry for your loss you guys have a tracker on it?

3. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Sorry to hear. I want one of those machines but not that bad.

4. RepoMan1968

RepoMan1968 Senior Member

you need a vin # to get parts for it . thats when they get caught Thumbs Up
    really should invest in lojack if you leave any valuable equipment on site . theres a lot of scum out there chasing the next hit of crack .

Last edited: Jan 17, 2012
  5. jpopiolek

jpopiolek Junior Member

No tracker. Looking into a couple of different tracking system. I hate scums like this.

6. RepoMan1968

RepoMan1968 Senior Member

statistics show its someone you know .someone who knows your whereabouts during the day , where cameras are located and such .

7. buildinon

buildinon Senior Member

I am in Buffalo Grove and saw on the patch that there has been several plows and pieces of equipment stolen in the last few weeks around here within the area. A few of the cops have told me within a 10 mile radius that about 25 pieces have been taken, and it has all been hit on commercial sites. Mainly in industial or warehouse areas. A few were in office areas. But I will keep my eyes open, did you see AjCoop said he saw a piece of equip in Rockford area he thought with your name on it.

8. hosejockey4506

hosejockey4506 Senior Member

that sucks

keep this thread updated with what tracker you choose please. im interested in getting a couple

9. buildinon

buildinon Senior Member

Jpop....any word or luck on tracking your equipment down?

10. birddseedd

birddseedd PlowSite Veteran

good friend of mine had a back pack blower stolen while he was mowing at the church... yep. came to the church to steel stuff...

11. superdog1

superdog1 Senior Member

stupidity

One of my competitors owns a huge warehouse with lots of indoor storage. He decided I guess that it was to much work to unload their 18ft enclosed trailer for the winter. They had it sitting on their lot in the middle of town (not the best of neighborhoods either). One day they came to work and the trailer was gone! Whoever stole it just backed up, hooked up and drove away! I have no idea what was in the trailer? It must have been a lot of good stuff because I know he wasn't happy! At the least it had a mower or two and other small tools?

Competitor or not, I feel bad for him, but at the same time, it would only take a few minutes to open the door and take the stuff off?:confused:

12. jpopiolek

jpopiolek Junior Member

No luck. 10% chance will find it.

13. birddseedd

i dont feel bad. trailer hitch locks are cheap. shoot. what i usualy do is just lower the safety latch and put a lock through it. if you cannot lift it then a ball wont go in the hitch.

if he is a pro outfit he probably lost 30 grand that day in which a 2 dollar lock woudl have saved.

14. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

You really are something else, and I don't mean your inability to use correct spelling and grammar in posts either.

15. LawnGuy110

LawnGuy110 Senior Member

Sucks man, sorry to hear about it...Its frustrating to see people losing their equipment to people that dont deserve it

16. birddseedd

maybe you dont understand me fully. it is dissapointing that someone woudl take such a loss. but common sense dictates that if you have 30,000. worth of equipment sitting in a trailer, do soemthing more to secure your investment than leaving it sitting randomly in an open vacant parking lot.

the majority of all thefts are based on oportunitity. statisticialy, if he woudl have bought a $20 lock for his trailer, it would not have been stolen.

now if someone brought a torch and cut off the lock then it would be a tragic thing. but if i leave 30k worth of equpment simply sitting around unsecured all you can expect is someone will take it (he doesnt have an employee that recently quit or got fired does he?)

we have keys for our trucks so they arnt stolen. keys for our houses so things arnt stolen. and to be honest with you. if someone broke into my house, there is not 30k worth of stuff here for them to steel. but i still lock the door when i leave.

he shoudl have put a lock on his equipment...

17. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

Was in the same boat last winter!
    Brand new JD 6230 with 30 hours on the clock!
    Everything has now a cut-off switch and GPS.

I felt like a rape victim....

18. birddseedd

i woudl be interested in who sells such systems. definatly a great way to secure your equipment

19. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

We use RAM Tracking for GPS, also Boomerang is pretty popular.

For the switches we just have a by-pass for the auxiliary fuse in a hidden spot.
    Nothing comes on when you put the key in the ignition.

Also another issue is that all machines are universal key! We have now custom keys on our machines! Special order....

20. birddseedd

is it a cut off switch that is done remotly, or is it just something like a toggle on the fuse?