1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Stolen F250 in OKC Jan. 9th

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by HeartlandOKC, Jan 11, 2012.

1. HeartlandOKC

HeartlandOKC Member

I posted this on Lawnsite.com also but thought I'd post it here just in case.

One of our trucks was stolen on January 9th at 10:00 am from a Comfort Inn on I-240 and Western in Oklahoma City. My guys were working on the front side of the building when the truck was stolen from the back. I'm not sure how it's possible to steal a truck like this and no one sees anything. It had several pieces of hand held equipment in it. Of course this is one of the few trucks I have without gps tracking.

Here's a video of the truck I made a couple months ago.

As you can see it will have a western plow mount on the front with wiring under the hood, wired for a SaltDogg salt spreader with in cab controller, Tractor Supply black diamond plate toolbox in the bed, black Nasta nerf bars, and our stickers from front to back on the side. It really sucks because this is one of our two snow plow trucks and as I type this it is snowing outside. Hopefully nothing accumulates. Everything is insured but it will be 30 days before our insurance company will start the process of reimbursing us. I'm really hoping it's found soon in decent shape because we don't have the money to blow on another plow setup. It will be March before insurance money comes and we can equip a new truck. Winter is pretty much over here by then.

2009 Ford F250 4 Door Crew Cab with Regular Bed
    Tag Number: I44811
    VIN: 1FTSW215X9EA40728
  2. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

Man that sucks...take some pretty big balls to steal a truck while your crew was there working!

Good luck in finding it!
  3. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

Sorry to hear about the stolen truck. I do have a question though. How can someone steal a larger truck that easy? Did they hot wire it or did your employee's leave the keys hanging in the ignition? A 09 isn't something you can just reach under the dash and touch two wires together and it's running. My thought is, your guys didn't pull the keys out and lock it while working on the opposite end of the building. Had they did that you'd still have the truck. I hope they find it for you.
  4. HeartlandOKC

HeartlandOKC Member

Unfortunately you're mostly correct. The keys were in the center console. I can't really blame my guys because I probably would have done the same thing. The lot probably had 6 cars in it but I guess it always happens when you're not expecting it.
  5. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

That's what I thought. I brag about leaving the keys in my truck all the time but I'm on private property off the road so the chances are very slim that I have something stolen. I'm not going to say it can't happen but it's not as likely as it would if I was in a public area and couldn't see the truck. Then again, I'd lock it up if I know I can't see it. I hope the insurance doesn't ask if the keys were in it and it was not locked up. They might not want to honor the claim. Good luck. I hope you get it back in reasonable condition so you can get it working again.
  6. Lugnut

Lugnut Senior Member

Bold move on the theif's part...hope you soon recover it.....Keep your eye on craigslist, auto trader, ebay etc. for the truck as well as the toolbox, plow mount and wiring, nerf bars as that might be items the theif thinks they can publicly sell without raising suspicions. If you see an item that might be yours and theres a phoone number do a search for the number and that will bring up any of that seller's posts.