1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Stolen F-550 Truck In Mass

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by JD PLOWER, Jan 26, 2006.

1. JD PLOWER

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

2. JTW

JTW Senior Member

I'm not giving it back for $3,000 I can sell the plow alone for that much! O wait...nevermind.

Seriously though that sucks, hope you get it back in one piece man.

3. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

Sorry to hear that

Will be on the look out, also I know a few people who plow in Charlestown and are in the Somerville, Medford area all the time, they know trucks and how to spot them, I have sent them the link to the pictures and thread.

That must really suck, especially with a pontential storm at the beginning of the week.

Good Luck, hope you get it back.

4. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

ill keep my eyes out over here in new york. not sure if thatll help you much. and the part i hate to admit is this, the odds of u getting the plow and spreader back are very slim. but i promise you ill keep checking ebay see if somthing comes up.

5. PLANET

PLANET Member

I'll keep an eye out in Ct.

6. Winter Land Man

Winter Land Man Senior Member

I'll keep an eye out as well.

7. 4evergreenlawns

4evergreenlawns Senior Member

JD,

You had this truck up For Sale, right??? I wouldbe looking hard at ANYONE that came to look at it, called about it, or asked where they could see it.

Might be a blessing...???? Than again ACV never covers what you have invested.

8. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

I'm looking up here in Maine, man that sucks, real nice looking truck.

9. Emerscape

Emerscape Member

JDPLOWER..
    Keep us updated on whats going on. Im sorry to hear that this happened to you. I havent seen much about a potential storm in the next week but if you dont get it back and need an extra truck my F450 is availible and depending on when the storm is I might not be able to plow so it will be idle. Let me know im sure we could work something out.. good luck

10. Daner

Daner PlowSite.com Addict

sorry to here

I will keep my eyes open over here across the border in Ontario for your truck Bud...and any parts from it like the plow or the sander.
    I had that happen to me 16 yrs ago and i will never forget the feeling
    Best of Luck to you

11. bikeluver43

bikeluver43 Member
    from Mass

I'll keep an eye open also...make sure to constantly check these sites:

craigslist.com
    ebaymotors.com
    thewantad.com
    and of course the Boston Globe and Herald...

Just saying because all these places have "truck/auto parts" sections that you may find the plow/spreader in. Good luck.

12. JD PLOWER

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

Thanks for all the offers guys. Emerscape I'll be emailing you soon and thanks again for the offer. The truck wasn't for sale but the sander was and truth be told they can have that, it was a pos that I paid 5k for, mostly I want the truck and the plow back since its still winter and I'm short one truck already since the vplow broke a frame piece.

The kicker is a customer of mine might have video of when (and maybe who stole it) and they are screwing me around on seeing it. I may have to get the police involved with that but I'm trying not to since customers don't like court orders. Now they at least know why they won't have "prompt service".

13. Emerscape

Emerscape Member

Also ... Im not sure if you have Business Interuption insurance on your insurance policies but I am a Forensic Accountant and depending on your policy and its internal language you may be able to claim any lost income and lost business if this drags out into a long process. LEt me know and I can get you in touch with my firm

14. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Why would they refuse to help you with this? That is ridiculous! Unless they could potentially be in on it? I'd get the police involved on that ASAP before someone gets the idea to tape over it.

Unless they are your main customer.... jeez who needs to deal with people like that though? I'd be pretty pissed that they won't even lift a finger to help you. Was the truck on their lot?

Good luck....

15. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

if that truck makes it down here ill give you the truck and they guys body laying in the dump bed...no extra charge

16. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

I will keep an eye out...

For sure that thing was parted out. You will probably recover it without the plow, sander and maybe even the dump body or wheels.

Why didn't you call the police immediately? You still haven't contacted them??:nono: :confused:

Why would you offer a reward? Do you not have insurance?

17. THE BOSS 1975

THE BOSS 1975 Senior Member

Are you sure they did not have it towed on you ?We have alot of accounts that if a vehicle is sitting for longer than a day we tow them.are there any signs that say unauthorized vehicles will be towed at owners expense ? Sometimes we make mistakes and pull a car that had permission .I would check that then call the police you have to file it within 24 hours in most states .are you sure you paid the bill on it and repoman did not come for it j/k.hope you recover it ,im on ebay everyday so ill keep looking .do you have a sereal # for the spreader just in case ?

18. bikeluver43

bikeluver43 Member
    from Mass

Honestly, you may screw yourself over by not reporting this ASAP...

19. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

oh i didnt know that you didnt call the cops. they put it out to the whole area that its stolen and a cop looking at a list of stolen vehicles will def remember the f550 as say over a blue car so call the cops

20. JeepCreepn01

JeepCreepn01 Senior Member
    from Ohio

thats sucks, keep checking ebay and other places for sale, found my stolen trailer on ebay about 3 weeks after it was stolen, they had painted it but i knew it was mine so called the cops and got it back, it was so nice of them to paint it for me it really needed it, someone will just try to part with the plow and spreader so id watch for those first