1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Stolen buyers pushbox!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by SalNazzaro, Jan 24, 2013.

1. SalNazzaro

SalNazzaro Senior Member

We had a 14ft oranage Buyers push box stolen from Wegmans in Collegeville, Pa about a week ago! Used out Volvo loader to even load the thing! Has MCC LLC punched in by the serial number
  2. ducaticorse

ducaticorse PlowSite.com Addict
    from we

That's ballsy.
  3. SalNazzaro

SalNazzaro Senior Member

If someone wants something bad enough they'll get it, and if they look like they're supposed to be there no one around would have questioned it, sucks
  4. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

That is ballsy but like you say, if people seen the volvo loading it to a trailer they would think it's you guys moving the box somewhere else. :mad:
  5. heavyiron

heavyiron Member

If they steal a pusher and can run the loader, they're part of our industry..... They're either plain a$$holes or desperate. Either way it's a tough hit in a low - snow year.
  6. SalNazzaro

SalNazzaro Senior Member

Yup someone's real ballsy to do what they did, but no one even payed attention to them I'm sure, it is what it is

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

Wegmans didn't have cameras?

I know a few guys here who lock their plows and pushers to the loader. Anyone can walk into a dealer and buy a key!
  8. SalNazzaro

SalNazzaro Senior Member

Where the equipment was there was no cameras, everything's been moved to a well lit lot w cameras on the equipment, hopefully it helps deter thieves!
  9. nms0219

nms0219 Senior Member

Any traffic cameras? Other business with cameras? Some ones cameras had to catch it on a truck at some point. I mean you pull onto a road and went somewhere with it. Had to pass something. FYI banks and gas stations usually have cameras that range out into public roads. Oh and don't count on the police to be much help... you have to hand them the case with a ribbon on it for them to do something.
  10. SalNazzaro

SalNazzaro Senior Member

My cousins a cop I know how they work lol, where the equipment was there wasn't any stores around it was a side lot for future building. They could have gotten out of the shopping center without passing any cameras since there's 3 side entrances, it's a big place and the equipment was just in the wrong spot, learned a lesson the hard way!
  11. Gioscapes

Gioscapes Junior Member
    from PA

Sorry to ear that. I m 20 mins from philly in the burbs and i m hearing a lot of v boxes being lifted off of trucks in lots. We can only hope that S#*^ comes around back at them but worse.