1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Stole me a plow truck today!

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by sv-f450, Oct 13, 2008.

1. sv-f450

sv-f450 Junior Member

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Even came with a load of salt pre-loaded in the spreader. Nice! wesport

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

3/4-or-1ton?

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

1/2 tonner. :nod:

5. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

what you have to do to get it running? it also has a salvage title. unless its just used as a lot truck

6. sv-f450

sv-f450 Junior Member

i will see this weekend when i go pick it up. It is a half ton with a 350 so he says and a turbo350. The title is clear and in my state a salvaged title makes no nevermind. My wifes car has a salvaged title. I tell ya what when i get her home ill take pics of her. I had to go pull the old pioneer keh-103 shaft radio outa storage for this one!

7. bharry20

bharry20 Senior Member

any idea how long it's been in there? it might be one big piece of salt if it got wet. though i don't have that much experience with salt.[​IMG]

8. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

I wouldn't say that was a "steal" it's been sitting thats bout all shes worth jmo

9. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

I have see salt sit on spreader all year bam it eat though metal.

I hope that spreader on that truck not rust.

I say look nice truck. Better than my dumb ex boss who bought one like that but worst shape for $2,000 it rusty than that plus engine is junk but it still run.

I forgot but you better not drive that to home because brake line on that truck do rusty bad then you drive you thought it have brake but maybe sudden stop bam no brake because line was burst then leak. It happened to me but lucky it was close to barn well we replace with new brake line now it stop good.

I say you got good deal on that. If it was me I would buy it but no money and room to storage.

10. rcpd34

rcpd34 Senior Member
    from MD

Did you pick it up yet? How bad is it?