1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

stock tires suck

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Crodog, Jan 27, 2005.

1. Crodog

Crodog Junior Member

Anyone else hate the stock tires on the 2500hd. Mine came with Firestones and at 21500 miles they need to be replaced. Would be ok for a few thousand more miles in the summer but no good for winter. Replacing with Cooper Discover AT. Will let you know what I think.

2. jrm123180

jrm123180 Senior Member

I just put BF Goodrich a/t on my 2000 Silverado 1500....I love them, look great and plow even better.
  3. Crodog

Crodog Junior Member

I had the BFG's on my old 1500 and did't like those in the snow. They tended to wander. But they are a great looking tire.

4. Boondox

Boondox Senior Member

Crodog - I have Cooper ATs on my 1500 here in northern VT and love em in the snow!

5. CrazyCooter

CrazyCooter Senior Member

Stock crappy tires

Yes, the stock tires suck. Worst. Tires. Ever.
    I got stuck in my yard in the summer moving my boat out in 4wd with those things they attempt to call tires. Winter driving was even worse.

I have an 03 2000HD xcab; this summer I replaced the tires becuase I couldn't take it any more. The truck only had 15k on it at that time. Threw them away, wouldn't even think of selling them to anyone. Bought mud tires on ebay; set of 4 was 450 delivered to my door (tires only). these tires are fantastic in the snow, have not got stuck yet, even in the wonderful imitation blizzard we got the other week.

With the stock tires, I could get stuck easily even with 1000lb sand in the back. Glad I finally bit the bullet and upgraded.