1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Stock amperage output ??

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Firebrands, Jan 17, 2005.

1. Firebrands

Firebrands Junior Member

Does anybody know what the stock alternator output is for a '94 with the V10. I am thinking of putting in a higher amping alternator. Thanks.
  2. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

I just went through replacing mine- factory with Diesel in mine and snowplow prep was a 136 amp- stock diesel is 120. What I found is all the auto stores sell is 120 amp remans- no other choice. What it appears they do is pull them all in and rebuild them as needed and only certify them to 120 because the sticker on mine for the testing said 175 amp max output verified.
  3. Firebrands

Firebrands Junior Member

Thanks for the info. I am looking at getting a high amp aftermarket alternator from www.wranglernw.com. They have a 150 amp High Output that bolts in stock for $459. I am running a dual battery setup with an isolator/Combiner unit. I figure my stock alt. is pretty tired after 11 years, so it probably isn't even putting out what it should.
  4. BigDaddyT

BigDaddyT Junior Member
    from Alaska

Its only a couple hundred more for 250 amps. payup