1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Stock 1500 Silverado?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Jaynen, Oct 3, 2009.

1. Jaynen

Jaynen Senior Member

I got a 2001 Silverado 1500 that was owned by the police force and came with a arctic plow reciever on the bottom. I bought the arctic plow and now I need to know if I need timbrens on the front or not. The truck might have a 1'' lift, and it seems to sit level with the plow up. How can I tell if there are upgraded parts on it, like torsion bar, extra leaf in back, lifted, or timbrens? I dont know what the stock setup looks like and I cant tell if its a normal bump stop or a timbren. Thanks.

2. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

just crawl underneith your front end... Factory bump stops are vary small and i think the front ones are yellow... Timbrens are pretty big and black... They probally just had the t bars cranked if its sitting level... all chevys have a slope to them from the factory... Rear should have 2 leaf springs with a helper... or maby 3... Wish i had my 1/2 ton at home right now...

:drinkup:

3. Jaynen

Jaynen Senior Member

The bump stops on the front are black, but they do seem small. I would take pictures but I dont know if I can upload them or link them here cuz I am so restricted lol. Searching on the net is pretty much impossible it seems, if I search silverado suspension it can be any year and they are usually pictures of modded suspension.

4. Triple L

from Canada

Here's what a timbren looks like on a 3500 Silverado, pretty small and pretty squashed... Maby its cause I have my t-bars cranked all the way down LOL... Also you can see the tie rod sleeves I put on

Picture.jpg

5. Jaynen

Jaynen Senior Member

Okay i took some pictures, the back looks like timbrens, just need to confirm the front.

IMG00026-20091003-1035.jpg

IMG00027-20091003-1036.jpg

6. Triple L

from Canada

Negative, those are both stock bump stops... Front and back, I'd suggest timbrens for the front, Randy adams sells them for a good price... and Air ride air bags for the back, if you plan on carrying more then 12 bags of salt.... air bags are 100X better then the timbrens but the only option for upfront is timbrens...

7. Jaynen

Jaynen Senior Member

I got another question for you while I am at it. My truck has a aux light switch on the dash from the factory and I press the button and hear a click in the drivers side door panel I think. I cant find where the wire comes out. There used to be a roof mounted light. Is the wire on the outside of the truck, or running in the headliner?

8. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

wire should be in the headliner right above the drivers side door. But if there was a light on the truck before it might already be ran up to the 3rd brake light. And yeas those are factory bump stops I put timbrens all the way around mine(Front and Back)

9. snowman4

snowman4 Senior Member

Why is that?

10. badabing1512

badabing1512 Senior Member

11. Jaynen

Jaynen Senior Member

Thanks alot guys for all the info. Gonna order some Timbrens Monday.

12. snowman4

snowman4 Senior Member