1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Stink Bugs

Discussion in 'Weather' started by Plow horse, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Plow horse

Plow horse Senior Member

Stink bugs are back!!! does this mean a bad winter?
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

They like smelly clams?
  3. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

^ hahahahahahaha!
  4. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

Had stink bugs last year pretty bad. You know how that turned out. The 2 years prior we had a bad case of the lady bugs which turned out to be very snow winters. So to answer your question, who knows.
  5. Plow horse

Plow horse Senior Member

Funny last year we had NO stink bugs, 2 and 3 years ago we had Billions of stink bugs. Very interesting. Where are the bees nest on trees this year? If low no snow?
  6. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Stink bugs are sometimes a "personal problem", more than GV means, though:eek:

When you see stinkbugs, the most important thing is to "NOT" squish them, When you kill the bastards, they release their pheromone, and it attracts all the other stink bugs to your location. I have a lot of clients who found this out the wrong way, by telling their kids to squish them on site. Problem is, when you release their pheromone into the air, it stays for several months, and with the prevailing winds, the other stink bugs are alerted to a "sexual fun fest" that someone is offering up the block.... hence the influx of more stink bugs.

Best thing to do is to catch them (without stirring them up too much) in a ziplock bag, and throw it in the trash. you can put a cotton ball coated with bug killer in the bag if you want to feel better about catching the annoyance, but eventually they starve to death anyway.

so.... DON"T SMUSH THEM !.... or at least if you do, go to the neighbors house you personally don't like, and have a smush fest there. (sounds like something GV would do):)

BTW, The weather thing ?

Last year, no white oak acorns in my backyard. The year previous (with the 7 foot tall drifts in the backyard) the backyard was covered in acorns. This year, tons of acorns on the ground...

I think my trees know something
  7. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Smush fest in the smuch room with Snookie?
  8. Plow horse

Plow horse Senior Member

WOW is this TRUE? if you smush it releases a smell? WOW? Clams are to expensive to give them, HA HA!!!