1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Stinger Hitch Helper

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by diamondwash, Dec 3, 2010.

1. diamondwash

diamondwash Junior Member

2. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

This may be a tool to relieve the strain on my PLOW! I wonder if I could use one up front to help me carry a snow plow........HMMmmmm...
  3. hondarecon4435

hondarecon4435 Senior Member

i'm sorry but if the truck can't handle the load be it a plow, trailer whatever you need a bigger truck not some little wheel rated to hold a few hundred pounds holding your heavy trailer on by only a few small welds
  4. gemarsh

gemarsh Junior Member

I can see that this would be a benifit maybe a few times a year. As I farm, and carry 15-30 bags of seed corn for a day in a 1/2 ton truck it would help. Along when it is spray time and hauling chemicals.

I also haul split wood to burn, but a full load just makes the rear end squat not requiring this device.

It would not pay to have a 1 ton dually for what I would use it for.

Be Safe
  5. hondarecon4435

hondarecon4435 Senior Member

than you should have a 3/4 ton you need a bigger truck for farming
  6. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

I don't think I'd buy that, for a few reasons.
    #1- Price seems awful high
    #2- Seems flimsy with one wheel
    #3- Seems like it would be a pain too

I used to have this problem with my truck squatting pulling my mowing trailer fully loaded with grass and mowers. I installed more leaf springs much cheaper than I could buy that for. They're always there so I don't have to worry about it anymore. Granted it rides a little stiffer, but it don't bother me.