1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Still scratching my head....

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Elite Property Services, May 11, 2010.

1. Elite Property Services

Elite Property Services Senior Member

Pulled the airbag horn assembly away from steering wheel on my 03 f250 unplugged the horn and airbag put it back together and now my airbag light is on:dizzy:. Any ideas why?
    Thanks Nate

2. Tony350

Tony350 Senior Member

My guess would be that by unplugging it you have an open circut. My stepmom works for ford she told me if there is anything wrong with the air bag the light will be on. I broke my front sensor and my light was on until I got rid of the truck

3. Elite Property Services

I don't understand why the light would be on after plugging it back in

4. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

My airbag light has been on for years. Nothing wrong with the airbag system either. I just got used to it being on.

5. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

The plug may be loose or not connected completely. Happens all the time even on new cars. Unplug your battery for awhile and see if that clears it first.

6. Tony350

Tony350 Senior Member

I am assuming you plow with your truck, you may have broken the sensor the tells the air bag to go off while you were plowing. Your air bag won't go off unless you are going over 30 mph. I was told it was pretty commin on plow trucks if you hit something hard at a pretty good clip. Not sure if that helps but thats what I was told.

7. Elite Property Services

Checked the connection, unhooked battery and it is still on. I did some searching on the internet and found some info on resetting the sensor. Does anybody know about this? Thanks Nathan

8. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

The dealer will probably have to do it with the scan tool.

9. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

i used to have to have an 04 f250 and the light was always on all the time sometimes it would go off for a while then come back on i dont know what it would it be and the truck wont go threw inspection with the light on either :)