1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Still putting in bids?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by tattood_1, Dec 23, 2009.

1. tattood_1

tattood_1 Member

I had to write four differant bids this week. I was just wondering is it just in my area that people are dragging there feet really bad. I figured everyone was all locked in for the year. I am guessing it's because we have not really had a good snow yet so they are in no hurry around here.

2. augerandblade

augerandblade PlowSite.com Addict

Sometimes they may already have a service provider but they are just doing theyre homework, checkin the prices out there. If buddy screws up y ou may be the next in line.

3. dchr

dchr Senior Member

Happened to me twice this past weekend-not happy with the provider they signed so I got the call.

4. green frog

green frog Senior Member

I just handed out 3 contracts today and got 1/2 season payments. People waited for snow to fall this year hoping it wouldn't. And I got 3 last week after the snow because there guy never showed up. I am full and handed two others off to other guys in the biz.

5. MahonLawnCare

MahonLawnCare Senior Member
    from Ohio

yeah just got a call today from a church wanting to sign on, people will procrastinate until the absolute last minute

6. MattR

MattR Senior Member

I just signed one today too.

Matt

7. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

I think they are all just hoping it doesn't snow. I have picked up 4 new lots, and 1 old lot this week as well. I kept telling these people that they can hope, and wish the snow away, but it's gonna come no matter what. Oh well there goes all that extra early signing discounts right into my bank account. lol

8. jzeller4

jzeller4 Member
    from ohio

i got 13 accounts in the past two weeks, 12 plow on call lots and one on a 2in trigger. not the best
    but good enough for me

9. tattood_1

tattood_1 Member

Wow, guess it's it's not so strange afterall.

10. jzeller4

jzeller4 Member
    from ohio

there's always someone out there that wights till the last min. there was a small village here that put a add
    in the paper for somone to plow there streets, i put a bid in but havent heard anything. that was monday
    the 21st.