1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Still Plowing Snow In The Great "white" North

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by KingofObsolete, Apr 18, 2007.

1. KingofObsolete

KingofObsolete Senior Member

we had to plow a trail out yesterday for the diamond drill, talk about snow. this was very wet and we even had to plow out a trail thru the bush to mark the spot for the drillers.

not bad for the middle of april and we get 3 more snow storms to come.

thansk

vms southern tour april 17 2007 004.jpg

vms southern tour april 17 2007 011.jpg

2. Duracutter

Duracutter Senior Member
    from Canada

Winter lasts a long time up there eh! As long as you like what you're doing, which by the looks of it you love doing, it's all in a days work.

Love reading your stories and looking at the pics. :)

3. KingofObsolete

thansk, we love snow and that is why we live here, LOL

here are some more excellent pictures of the "white" stuff.

thansk

vms southern tour april 17 2007 004.jpg

vms southern tour april 17 2007 010.jpg

vms southern tour april 17 2007 013.jpg

4. BOSS550

BOSS550 Senior Member

Keep the pics and tall tales coming!!

5. KingofObsolete

sorry about that, double posted a picture. so here are some more.

thansk

vms southern tour april 17 2007 012.jpg

vms southern tour april 17 2007 002.jpg

6. KingofObsolete

here are some more pictures of snow, didn't do any plowing with BAD BUSINESS but had fun. here is the story.

well bath and treat was cancelled again last night because i was in the bush with the td-9 known as BAD BUSINESS. this is his first paying job in 3 years of ownership and he performed very well. i was driving through the bush in 3rd gear and went over a humick and the front end came down hard. i slid forward on the seat and my knees hit the dash, i banged my head on the windshield and "THE BOYS" took the trans out of 3rd gear. so "THE BOYS" were not is the mood for bath and treat last night. i learned not to drive in 3rd gear because it is too close to the seat, drive in second gear instead and it is bath and treat every night. LOL

thansk

BAD BUSINESS first work day april 20 2007 003.jpg

BAD BUSINESS first work day april 20 2007 004.jpg

BAD BUSINESS first work day april 20 2007 005.jpg

7. BOSS550

BOSS550 Senior Member

King, I'm guessing you or someone with you navigates thru that stuff withh GPS???? Whho decides where to stop and drill or is this predetermined?? Or ar you using map and Compass? Or waypoints already fixed into the GPS? Keep the pics rolling!! Somebody mail this guy a cup or a seatbelt:D

8. KingofObsolete

thansk, what they do is fly this hooping helicopter over the ground and it will tell where the areas of interest are. it will give a gps point and then we go and find that point with the cat. next they drill it andsee what is in the core sample and then send a computer thing down the hole to have a look around the hole. if the computer thing and head office like what is down the hole, then more holes are drilled.
    there is an ore body in town where they drill 3000 feet down and missed by 5 feet. the computer thing found the ore body and now they use the same hole and turn off in to the ore body. if it was not for the computer thing, the hole would have been a waste.

thansk

BAD BUSINESS loaded up april 18 2007 001.jpg