1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

still not working

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by t.i.b, Jan 23, 2009.

1. t.i.b

t.i.b Senior Member

anyone know how to test the bcm and gauge cluster in an 02 chevy 2500hd 8.1/allison? how bout where you can get used/cheap ones near groton ma?

2. ahoron

ahoron Senior Member
    from here

Don't know how to test But, chevy has extended the warranty on truck clusters because of problems. Check ebay for used cluster

3. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD Senior Member

don't know anything about them but try justchevytrucks.com for a used cluster. can't guarantee they'll have one but they're def worth a shot. very honest guy to do business with:salute:

4. te snow

te snow Member

Bcm

I dont think theres any way to test a bcm but when you use a tech 2 to communicate with a vehicle theres a test that will allow you to whats called ping the modules. This tells the tech 2 if the bcm is communicating. If not theres a reason and most the time its the module.

5. t.i.b

t.i.b Senior Member

can autozone ping my modules?

6. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

i don't think that autozone has a tech 2. they cost over a grand to own. most autozones just have simple code readers

7. t.i.b

t.i.b Senior Member

riddle me this, if the bcm or cluster were junk would it go in and out or is gone,gone?

8. t.i.b

t.i.b Senior Member

one more thing. when i set the ebrake the dash brake light flashs, this normal or some sort of signal? this is my first truck this new, i want my first truck back 83 custum deluxe 20 that thing made sense.

9. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

It's winking at you wink back ...Actually get out of the trk and run like hell it's gonna blow .. LOL...

10. JMR

JMR Senior Member

A Tech 2 starter kit is 4K. I have almost 8K invested in mine with all the added software and programing capabilities. It also takes a skilled technician to get the most out of the tool.

11. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

When mine went in my 98 all my guages worked backwords. and fuel guage kept going counter clockwise. :dizzy:

12. t.i.b

t.i.b Senior Member

been studing wire diabrams and thinkin all weekend. i had the front seal and pomp orings replaced in the tranny not long ago. im gonna check the wires from the range selector switch and the pnp switch. hope i find something there. anyone know a manual that covers the 8.1/ allison combo?

13. Mike N

Mike N Senior Member

14. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

BCM is that the brake control module?? If so what does it have to do the cluster. ??

15. JMR

JMR Senior Member

Body Control Module....It appears that many of the functions of the IPC are controlled by the PCM (Powertrain Control Module) I have the wiring diagrams if you want them e-mailed to you....but to be honest with you unless you have a scantool that can read real time data (Tech 2) and experience in hi-tech diagnostics, unless your going to guess and hope your right....leave this one to the pros. JMHO

Last edited: Jan 26, 2009
  16. t.i.b

t.i.b Senior Member

thanks for the offer, but ive given up ive been trying to geuss and have gotten nowhere. the truck goes to a pro thursday.