1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Still not paid

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by HALH VT, Nov 20, 2007.

1. HALH VT

HALH VT Senior Member
    from Vermont

Unpaid snowplowing charges from last winter:realmad:................$200

Various efforts to collect same :gunsfiring:..........................................$50

Spreading the information quietly around town ..............................n/c

Seeing the SCUMBAG out there with a shovel this afternoon while I was plowing his neighbors drive :D:D:....................................................................PRICELESS

2. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I also haven't been paid for one account from last year. As soon as we get enough snow I'm going to pile so much snow in the person's driveway that they'll be able to open a ski hill.

(Pics will be provided :D )

3. Ryno

Ryno Junior Member

Sweet Sweet Justice

4. Wicked500R

Wicked500R Senior Member

Plowers Revenge ! The Boss told me I had to go plow a Marty's shoe store a while back...I said Ok....He said...One thing....All the snow needs to go in front of the doors chuckling with a ****' eatin' grin on his face...I said...seriously?...He said...Yup.... That was the end of it. I was lucky I didn't break any glass...LOL

5. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I've wanted to do that before but never did. I'd like to see pics though!!

I've only been taken for $400 in 18 years, so I can't complain. Keep calling, when ever you think about it call them and when ever your in the area stop by for a visit. I annoy them untill they pay me, actually it's kind of fun. One of my buddies does landscape construction and he carries the phone #'s of the people that %$#@$# him out of money. So to make a long story short we call them at 2 or 3am when we've had alot to drink and boy is it alot of fun. They have no idea who it is but it sure is fun, childish but fun.

6. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

if you got time i'll tell you one of my stories

last year during the 24" thundersnow the local motel (super ?) called and said there regular plower hasn't shown and there were multiple cars stuck in the lot.....so remembering i sent them a contract and they never returned one i went and plowed thier lot and give them a fair deal $350 (large lot) and sent a bill at the end of the month and the manager/owner called and said my bill was outrageous. so i told him to make installments;) . he did and it was one installment of $125 and about 4 months later i called and told him it was time to pay off the bill. :rolleyes:yeah right so this year when i sent fliers through the MAIL (snowpower) i put on the outside of his flier PAST DUE $150 in bright red ink. and he called and said that it was un-ethical. (i guess he did'nt like everyone seeing he don't pay bills;)) but he still hasn't paid LOL

about 3 years ago i built a 120acre duck pond for a guy and he declared bankruptcy before he paid my bill and the bank took the property and i am still out about $20,000 THAT'S A GOOD WAY TO RUIN YOUR DAY, i expect i'll get even someday but who knows when?

7. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

dave give me thier numbers they won't know what to think when a MO number shows up on caller I.D. :D

8. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

LOL. The stupid things you do when your drinking!!

120 acre Duck pond, isn't that a lake?

9. tman3007

tman3007 Senior Member

Now that's a great idea. I'm definitely jumping all over that idea after a few brews:drinkup:

10. HALH VT

HALH VT Senior Member
    from Vermont

So this evening I was finishing up my route, and a guy flagged me down. He is a former customer of mine who now does his own drive with a blower. "My blower is all screwed up, can you do my driveway?" So I plowed his driveway, and after we settled up I said, " I don't know if it is any of your business, but your daughter and her boyfriend still haven't paid me for last years plowing." I was going to go on and ask him if he would speak to her about it, but before I could get any further he was hauling out his wallet and asking how much, and "will cash do?" I also asked him if they had gotten anyone to plow it this year, and he said "I heard they shoveled it again today".

Now if I could catch up with the guy who left town owing everybody it would clear everything from last year.

11. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

I have to say that I have done this only once and the customer (lawyer) said that i didn't come out and plow that morning, well it was plowed by me personally so when I told him that he said that he wasn't going to pay, anyway he has three entrance to his building and needless to say the next storm not only did he have to find a new plow contractor they had to clear a path thought the 4' piles in front of each door. I never did get paid for that last job however it was fun watching them come it to work and see the piles while I was plowing the store across the street. :D

12. 92XT

92XT Senior Member

Most folks here would be lying if they said that never happened....including mmwah

13. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

That'd be funny to see, unless your the owner!

14. 92XT

92XT Senior Member

with 12* temps too............shame-on-the-mess

15. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

90% of my plowing customers had already been my customers for several years when my friend and I used to walk around the neighborhood with shovels and his dads Yamaha snowblower. We always collected right after we got done with the job. I never really changed from that when I started to plow since it worked so well and my customers always had the money ready, sometimes even before we started the job payup.

16. kcplowmata

kcplowmata Senior Member
    from kc

guy wrote me a bad check so i held it for about a year and tried again and wouldnt you know it cashed bet he wasnt expecting that