1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Still No Snow!!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ilhmt, Dec 29, 2003.

1. ilhmt

ilhmt Member

I just looked at the forecast for the coming week. What do we have to do to get a plowable snow in Illinois (or just about anywhere in the Midwest)? We just took an overnight family trip to Indianapolis over the weekend and I was running around without a jacket!! The wife doesn't understand why I'm frustrated...
  2. kipcom

kipcom Senior Member
    from Indiana

We feel your pain :realmad: The farmers almanac has been right on the money so far,,,,,until the past few days. It has been the opposite " WARM" here in the mid-west....BUT if the 7-10 day outlook holds true :eek: it gonna get cold.
  3. bluenite608

bluenite608 Member

4. sbrennan007

sbrennan007 Senior Member

Plowing and overall snowfall in this area just isn't what it used to be.

Then it seems when precip is coming across the country, that it turns into huge rain fall events!

:nono: No more rain, lets see some serious snow falls!
  5. RidgeCon

RidgeCon Senior Member

I don't know about you guys but I think Mother Nature has lots in store for us here in Eastern Canada. We don't ever get away without 18-20 plowable events. I just think we are going to get them in a short period of time and then we will be cursing her as gear breaks.....:(
  6. GPB

GPB Member

I read in the paper a few weeks ago the last real winter we had here in Minnesota was 96-97. Im getting real tired of these warm, snowless winters. Not only do I miss out on the plowing, but I have 2 snowmobiles that have done little but collect dust the last few years. Im starting to think maybe there is something to this global warming.

Think snow!!!
  7. paponte

paponte Senior Member

Unfortunately. Hope it is at least right about snow in mdi January, and another late storm. :(
  8. muddy00

muddy00 Member

I'm in Springfield and according to the 10 day outlook maybe the 1st of next week but that's only 40% chance, if this warm weather keeps up I will need to move the plow to get the mower out :dizzy:
  9. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

That's funny get the mower out.
    I was at a property I own (8.5 acres) shooting with my sons and daughter today. Daughter wanted me to get the tractor out of the barn so she could mow. We had plowable snow Christmas, now we are in shirt sleeves burning up some amo and killing oil jugs.
  10. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Although I've had 4 plowable events so far this season, Mother Nature DOES need to get laid.:D
  11. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

were in a snow funk i thinks its gonna change in january,febuary and march:gunsfiring:
  12. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

I'm with you Plowman, we've still got a good 3 months for snow potential. I'm watching the weather channel right now and wishing I was out West! They're getting hammered every day!:eek:
  13. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

only two plowable snow storms here:(

from USA

Midwest!!!! Or is it really Southeast!!!

Wisconsin - seen a bit of rain and a few dustings here in Fox Valley area. Forecasts are looking pretty good for a JAN-March precipitation level. I just hope this cold air coming doesn't squeeze the moisture out of the systems that do hit the Midwest!

Just got yelled at for salting after 1/2" fell the other day. The dam snow evaporated the next morning and lone behold, there was all the dam salt sitting on the driveways! OPPS! The last time I salted the snow stuck around and became icy so I was in the clear.

How's everyone keeping within the 30 day limit on paying bills??? January payments are going to be interesting to say the least! I just love working my butt off in JAN-March to pay back people for the lack of snow Dec. - JAN!!!

03 F-250 - BOSS 8' Vee & Curtis Salter
    04 Rubicon - 50" State

15. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

One event here, ran into a light pole :realmad: made no money so far. Getting truck fixed, so I need some white stuff to pay for it.

I too am feeling the pain brother :mad:
  16. kipcom

kipcom Senior Member
    from Indiana

!!!!!!:realmad: wheres the darn snow....like the little O'l lady use to say :eek: Wheres the SNOW ( beef ).
  17. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

I feel everyone's pain too. Only been out salting twice. Oh, well at least we can go out tonight and have fun:drinkup: the only thing that we have to worry about now are all the people who have had too much on the roads. best of snow luck to everyone in the new year, may you accounts have an abundance of snow fall on thempayup
  18. bcf

bcf Senior Member

feel your pain

we've had one plowable event early december so far, but I didn't even have the plow ont he truck to make any dough. Now I've got it, and some contracts, but all I see in the forecast is rain, rain, rain. Doesn't Mother Nature know it's not suppossed to be warm in December/January? Actualy, whenever the forecast has called for snow, SE PA gets nothing! Nobody wants a fence in the winter, but it just won't snow! Wish the bills didn't want to be paid either.
  19. gt_racer50

gt_racer50 Senior Member
    from Ohio

Looks like more rain for Central Ohio, I just hope that all this rain is still around in July and August to enhance the mowing like it was this past summer. Maybe if it keeps raining and staying in the 50's, we will get a real early start on mowing, pruning and mulching this year, like in Feb, hah!! I worked on a landscape timber job yesterday, and I think that I'll start on a couple of stone jobs if it keeps this up.
  20. KatWalk

KatWalk Member

We are creeping up on about a month since a plowable event here north of boston. It's winter and we want snow please. I don't want it in april....I want it now!!!:realmad: