1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

stiffer torsion bars

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by c.t. lawn care, Mar 26, 2003.

1. c.t. lawn care

c.t. lawn care Senior Member

anyone know where i can get stiffer torsion bars for my sonoma?

2. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Have you cranked them up yet?

3. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Timbrens are good too. Rancho sells some replacements with their lifts, I've been told they are the 3/4 ton bars. I'm not sure if anything is even available from then for the s-trucks tho, sorry.

-John

4. Alan

Alan PlowSite.com Addict

What for? Seems like if I can run the same plow except for 6" wider with no problems you should be fine the way you are. Plus, you probably haven't seen flake 1 with that thing yet, so you have no idea how it's going to handle. I'm sure if you try hard enough you can find somebody to relieve you of your money for suspension gadgets.

5. Joey D

Joey D Senior Member

C.T. lawn care,
    Get the code off the bars and look them up at the dealer to see what GVW rating they have. If there listed like the full size trucks it should be no problem.

6. c.t. lawn care

c.t. lawn care Senior Member

well i talked to a guy with the parts deparment and they do have a stiffer torsion bar settup for 133.00 per side installed... i dont know if i am going to do it i will probably just wait and see how it goes this year with plowing and go from there... thanks for your help

7. Plow Babe

Plow Babe Senior Member

We have the 7.5 SnoWay on our Durango, and it has done fine with just cranking up the torsion bars.