1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Stiff gear selector

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Arc Burn, Feb 19, 2003.

1. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

OK guys,on a 99' Chevy half ton(OBS) 4l60e tranny,the gear selector almost feels tight,very stiff,has never not moved or stuck in any way and always shifts,the way i noticed it was after plowing in our 98' chevy with 4l60e and you can move that selector with one finger,very smooth and extremely easy,i never thought anything of mine untill i used this one!So tell me doc,how bad is it?:(

2. Earthscapes

Earthscapes Senior Member
    from WNY

There was just a thread about this. I had the same problem for the last few weeks when it was -5 to 20 degrees out. Last friday i got in and rip the thing off. I felt bad for the tow truck driver that was trying to get it into neutral. Thank god for warranties.

3. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Earthscapes,i read that thread,it seemed to pertain more to the Allison tranny?

4. sno-mover

sno-mover Senior Member

Earthscapes, I feal bad for you, the tow guy prolly pulled it up in park.:D