1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sticky Snow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by snow storm, Nov 15, 2011.

1. snow storm

snow storm Junior Member

Has anyone found a way to prevent snow from sticking in buckets and chutes??

2. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

Fluid film

3. Dano50

Dano50 PlowSite.com Addict
    from CA

I'll second that! Thumbs Up

It will also keep all your equipment corrosion free, keep your battery terminals and electrical connections from corroding, and even water proof and condition your work boots.

4. snow storm

snow storm Junior Member

Awesome! Thanks, I will check it out.

5. snow storm

snow storm Junior Member

Sounds great! How often do you have to reapply it?

6. Dano50

Dano50 PlowSite.com Addict
    from CA

It all depends on the application. On battery terminals it will last at least a year. It is a once a year vehicle undercoating. As a release agent it is much harder to give an accurate estimate due to usage and weather conditions. You will get a good feel by experience on how often to reapply.

7. snow storm

snow storm Junior Member

Thanks, Dano50! I think I will buy some and try it out this winter Thumbs Up

8. G.McNeill&Son

G.McNeill&Son Member

I'll third that. I recomend getting the 5gal bucket with the under coating gun. We've been using it for a couple yrs now & it is saving our sanders.