1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sticky Situation

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Bandit73, Feb 17, 2006.

1. Bandit73

Bandit73 Junior Member

Just wondering what people have tried on their plows to keep snow from sticking and the results they have had.
  2. crazymike

crazymike Senior Member
    from Toronto

best stuff is diesel and ATF. That is what they use on european trucks in winter time to prevent overweight on the scales.

You can also use pam or WD40.

Or you can buy a spray specially for it. (silicone spray I think)

personally I just deal with it. If I back to backdrag up against a building I just tap the plow off the ground first.
  3. GA73

GA73 Member

3 coats of maguires
  4. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Do you keep your plow inside of outside?
  5. Up North

Up North Senior Member

Farmer, how would you go about keeping a plow inside of outside? You must be out on the patio surfing the net...now get inside the house and warm up that keyboard for crying out loud! LOL!

I've just waxed mine up real good right before the season starts and that seems to do the trick for me. I have a can of Fluid Film I've intended to try but the can is so little I don't want to waste it all on my plow.

6. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

This is what I use on everything on the plow, including the mold board. Jerre turned me on to this stuff in Erie. It works great and now i use it on everything, boat trailer etc.
  7. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

"Do you keep your plow inside of outside?" SnoFarmer

Fin g er s Co Ld ge tt in g sti ff can 't mo ve got t o g et i ns ide! !!;) lol

o.k ok. better now (if that is possible)
    inside OR outside:D
  8. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

i just set the drop speed quill to max flow so the blade slams hard, and at the end of a push just bup it up a little and drop it back down