1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sticky Plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jclodfe2, Jan 16, 2005.

1. jclodfe2

jclodfe2 Junior Member

I have a new 8' western and used it the week before Christmas here in Southern IN., where we had about 33" of snow. I had problems with the snow sticking to my plow. Tried several different things, but shoveling it off after each account was my best bet, or even during. Last week I purchased some WD-40 and sprayed all of the blade with an good coating. Then before I went out this morning to clean off my car wash account I sprayed it down good again with WD-40, had about 1.5" here. But when I returned home I noticed that it had started to stick to the blade again. Any suggestion on what I could do to minimize the snow sticking. Thanks, Jason
  2. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

I spray "Pam coking oil" or the house brand (less expensive) on my plow. seems to work all right