1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Stick with Curtis? Or jump to SnowDogg or Western?

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by glakessnow, Dec 19, 2010.

1. glakessnow

glakessnow Junior Member

Hey guys - long time lurker - first time poster.
    I'm due for a new plow - got an old Curtis rusting off of my truck. I really like the plow - but I'm a little worried about the future of Curtis. I've been looking at Western or SnowDogg, but now I'm wondering if I should stick with what I know. I do like the mount. Of course, SnowDogg is stainless. Western has a good reputation, but a little pricey
  2. bronco91

bronco91 Senior Member
    from wyckoff

Stick with curtis. Bought one two years ago and love it and have not had problems with it at all. The dealer in my town tell me their is nothing to worry about with curtis they aren't going any were. And the new lights are great to. So I think u should stick with what u know.
  3. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

I had a 2 year old curtis which i sold and bought western snowplow it was to hard to get simple parts like elbows
  4. amocerino

amocerino Senior Member
    from 01606

Curtis is still going strong are plows are Sno-Pro now and the new website is www.sno-proplows.com
  5. South Seneca

South Seneca Senior Member

It's all in what you can get good service for in your area.

When it breaks, I want the right parts or service ASAP. I don't mind paying a few extra bucks for the convenience of good service. The dealer needs to be able to handle the volume when it snows we need it fixed yesterday!
  6. dirtymax

dirtymax Junior Member
    from Ontario

I like my curtis, but i'm wondering why curtis wouldn't do away with the pump and motor down in the A-frame and use the same style harness as their trip edge plows?? Seems like a no brainer, get the "brains" of the plow up out of that snow and salt catch basin!
  7. JPK Excavating

JPK Excavating Junior Member

put a curtis next to a western look at the mounts and hydrolics.. look at the lot when its down and make a descision
  8. glakessnow

glakessnow Junior Member

Thanks guys - that certainly makes me a feel better. I like the plow - might be worth sticking with them. It just seemed pretty quiet out there on the Curtis front.

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

my curtis is going on 9 years old without a single problem, only changed the fluid twice in 8 years. if i had a curtis dealer closer to my house i would have bought a curtis over the boss plow i just bought for the chevy.