1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Stick snowblower

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Toby, Nov 22, 2003.

1. Toby

Toby Senior Member
    from NY

Has anyone used a stick snowblower to replace shovels on narrow walks, steps, anywhere the bigger blowers can't go?

I purchased a few of these Ryobi stick blowers. Engine is a commercial grade 4 stroke 26cc so I imagine it should have plenty of power & torque for the 12"blower which uses the same open design as the old Toro's that were impossible to plug.

2. vector6

vector6 Senior Member

good luck with that 4 stroke piece of sh*t....

i bounced mine off the maple tree this summer..

went back to the 2 stroke..

p.s. once you get it running... dont shut it off... if you do... good luck starting it again.

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

i have one
    its ok
    if i could do it all over again
    i wouldnt have spent the money

4. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare Senior Member

I posted something last year about those, and the only response I got was about the Power brooms. Let us know how it works out, I wonder why Stihl and other major manufactures don't make a unit like this. I think these would be much more efficient than dragging a snowblower around .
  5. Toby

Toby Senior Member
    from NY

The Ryobi 4 stroke is basically a Honda engine so there should be no problems. The avail 2 strokes don't have enough power or torque to efficiently run a blower.

Regardless, I was using Shindaiwa power brooms but they don't work well in anything over 2-3".