1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Stick Blowers

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Lbilawncare, Feb 3, 2003.

1. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare Senior Member

I was just curious if anyone knows of a good snowblower mounted to a String Trimmer. I've seen junk ones by Ryobi, etc, but have never seen a really good commercial grade. We do a lot of small stoops, and lugging a snowblower between isn't efficient, and a shovel isn't practical.

2. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

LAST SNOW STORM SAW A ROTATING BRUSH ON THE END OF A WEEDWACKER LOOKS LIKE IT WORKED PRETTY GOOD

CARDOCTOR

3. Mark Erpelding

Mark Erpelding Member
    from indiana

I have a Shindiawa Power broom I use for steps It is mounted on a string trimmer engine. They have a split boom version of this tool, that has a few different attachments. The powerbroom I have has rubber paddles,They also make one with bristles. It works great on about 3-4 " snow fall and it needs to be a dry snow, anything over that I use a light weight snowblower. Stihl and Echo makes them also.

4. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

i have a rotating broom on my echo, but really dont use it for snow. ive seen people using them when you have 2 inches or less, but over that they arent as effective. i remember when i was a kid, my grandparents had a toro electric power shovel. i dont know why nobody has designed something like you said. maybe it will weigh too much.

5. bam

bam Senior Member
    from .

one of my subs bought an echo with power broom attachment. He likes it.

we are constantly on jobsites so we would never be removing more than 3 or 4" (worst case). More likely walks are cleaned with an inch or two.