1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Steve & Paul welcome you

Discussion in 'Normand Snow Blowers' started by Neige, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Neige

Neige Sponsor

I am excited that we will finally have our own thread. I am looking forward to having great discussions, watch interesting videos and look at awesome pictures. We want this to be the most informative thread going, so join in and ask your questions, and share your answers.

2. SnowClear

SnowClear Senior Member

This is great! Very much looking forward to this season and reading this thread.

3. excav8ter

excav8ter Senior Member

AWESOME! A dedicated Normand thread. We have our brand new 92-280 Normand Inverted almost ready to go. Need to hook up the hoses yet. Tractor is all clean and ready to go! Cannot believe the interest we are getting already. Lots of interest from smaller associations on Lake Michigan, with 10-20 homes, with a long winding drive that feeds into the homes sites. Plowers hate it because there is now where to go with the snow. The blower is going to be the ticket! But we are already pushing the limits of what we can do with one tractor, and the F350 with the 14' Ebling and the Boss V out front. We have one truck subbed in and another on stand by. Next year we will have to add another tractor/blower. :)

4. balky22

balky22 Junior Member

Patiently waiting

Hey all. Curious what's going on with the normand blowers for this season. Ordered one on my new tractor at the end of September. Have not taken delivery. It's been ok as we haven't had any snow but now I'm paying for it and I'm not getting any great answers on when I shall expect it. Located in nh. Hope to see it soon. Thank you

5. Doug8949

Doug8949 Member

Looking forward to reading the tread

6. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

All depends on the dealer and how much of a stink you raise.

It took quite a bit of bitching to get mine in when it was supposed to.

7. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

That's crazy, you think maybe the dealer already sold his and didn't reorder one?

If I ordered, paid for it and didn't have it after two months and the season has started.....oh boy would I be going ballistic

8. Neige

Neige Sponsor

It will depend on what model you ordered. This year I pre-ordered ten 92 inch inverted, and two 82 inch inverted. Nobody was buying the 92 inch, and I got orders for eight 82 inch in September. Well by September if you wanted the 82 inch, the next production date is Dec. 05. You need to put in your orders early, to ensure early delivery. I called Normand end of October saying I would not need five of the 92 inch, and they were gone within the hour. Two days later I received an order for one, and it will be Dec. 12 before I get the next 92 inch that comes off production.
    With time Steve and I will have stocking dealers, which should ease the problem of inventory. But until then its only Steve and I who have pre-purchased and carry all the inventory.

9. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

The question is, if the dealer didn't have any on hand when this guy ordered it, when did the dealer order it? Did they wait, like mine did?

10. balky22

balky22 Junior Member

My dealer only had their demo unit. When I bought my kubota 7060 with the blower and kage box plow. Not sure when the orderd their units it was not discussed. However it wasn't until November got here that there was any concern. Then I got typical dealer answers from that point forward. However they are forecasting 6-12"+ on Wednesday into thanksgiving. So I talked with dealer first thing right as they opened this morning. By this afternoon the demo unit was being installed on the tractor to get us by. So kudos to them for stepping up for me. We aren't trying to complain. Just want to use a great piece of equipment to do a great job for our client. The whole unit was brand new this year nice present to my company. Thanks guys keep up the good work.

11. TheBlowerGuy

TheBlowerGuy Junior Member

Hello all!

We are a company based just outside Montreal, just inside Ontario, we have 7 of the 82-280 inverted and one 92". From what we have seen trying to just get parts has been very time consuming. Last winter we bought them brand new, and wore through Tivar shoes like candy! Turns out there was an actual recall on the blowers due to improper welding which made all the blowers out of alignment. If anyone has any info on this or if maybe you are having the same issue, please let me know. Love the blowers but man, we have had nothing but a run around from Normand trying to get something for all the money we spent putting shoes on defective blowers last winter...

12. TPCLandscaping

TPCLandscaping Senior Member

i'll have to keep an eye out for you guys next time i travel up to montreal for a Habnots game…i live just across the border (champlain/Rouses Point) and my friends used to live over near dorval in a nice development. The guys would come through with the big Normand blowers and worked wonders on the drive ways, especially since there was no place to push the snow to.. we still mostly used plows down here. I have rear blowers on my little sub compact and compact for doing my residential work. I would worry about the pull blower when the snow got deep.

13. TheBlowerGuy

Deep snow is no issue, I have moved storms of 20-28" of snow with them, they work beautiful. We have a few conventional blowers we can use if it gets really bad, but so far we only use them to move piles of snow on our commercial jobs, and on certain apartment lots.

14. TPCLandscaping

what size tractors do you use? 75 to 100hp?

15. TPCLandscaping

way off topic..but there used to be a place called the "Body Shop" in cornwall……ever heard of it…not that i ever went there when i was going to school out in canton lol

16. TheBlowerGuy

We have 7- john Deere 5085E which run the 82" and we have one 6420 that runs the 92". 5085 is 85 HP and I believe 70hp at the PTO. And yes, the body shop is still there, a little sketchy now.lol