1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

sterring column clunk

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Chevman, Oct 25, 2006.

1. Chevman

Chevman Junior Member
    from NE PA

Hello, I own a 04 2500 hd that I had back to the dealer for a new sterring column because the old one made noise, I'm sure you heard of this problem with chevy already, My question is has anybody took it apart and greased it themselves, and how to do just that, they say it is the intermediate shaft that gets lubed, thanks in advance.:drinkup:

2. geereed

geereed Senior Member

Here is a link to the instructions. http://gm-trucks.com/home/content/view/232/25/ .If your truck is under warranty have the dealer do it.I just had mine done on my 06 2500hd with only 3,000 miles on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.It only took them a half hour to do it.

Gary

3. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

GM-trucks.com has a technical section to show you how to do it. I'm on my second shaft in my truck and I have 54K. I just have the dealer do it since they have been covering it under the TSB.

4. Buckeye Chuck

Buckeye Chuck Senior Member

I need to have mine looked at, it's making some clunking noise. It's still under warranty. What is TSB?

5. geereed

geereed Senior Member

Just tell them they will no what it is.Every silverado does it sooner or later.Usually sooner:cry: